The Focke Wulf FW-190, his aces,variants and victories.

Actually the gun layout in the FW-190A-7/8 was of 4 MG-151/20 plus the 13mm, alternatively it can use two 30 mm guns in the external emplacements. (R-2 kit)

And yes the La-7 was more aerobatic at low altitudes than the FW- anton, but not better than the Fw-190D variant.

Test of captured JG-54 FW-190.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayREUJe65w

Profiles of operative FW-190As.

Nice pictures stuff for modellers.:slight_smile:
Mate are you real fan of german weaponry?

Mate are you real fan of german weaponry?

Yes…I am. :smiley: always interested in know more especially about aircraft armament and guns, in future I will open a topic about this subject.

More FW, night fighters and daylight defenders.

FW-190 from Sturm staffels, this aircrafts were heavily armored for withstand the close-in defensive fire from the packed B-17 and B-24.

Look at the last one , the Willy Ungers plane, it had an 210 mm rocket launcher…Shooting rearwards ¡¡¡¡. :shock:

extracted from “Luftwaffe Sturmstaffelns”-John Weal/Osprey publishing.

Interior of the Fw-190a-8.

Fw-190 A-0, note the mist produced from manouvering aircraft at low altitude.

A well know picture of long range fighter bombers FW-109G in a polish base.

Not totally correct! Those are surely contrails from aircraft but the height is hard to say. As these can form at many altitudes…normally high. It looks to me that these could be from a small dog fight or practice. (That might still be going on in this pic.) A few of them look very symmetric possibly indicating some twin engine planes. Anyhoo just another 2 cents on it.

More on Contrails

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrails#September_11.2C_2001_climate_impact_study

You are correct, I mixed up the words “high” and “low” :evil:

At low altitude I have only see those in jet aircrafts flying at high angle of attack, in the wingtips you can this a kind of steamy fumes.

The last victory in the East.

From Osprey s “FW-190 aces in the russian front”.

Some aditional pics of the High altitude fighter Fw-190A-3/U7. This variant was an atemp to increase the Fw-190A performance well over the 7000 meters . (when the supercharger became a litle clumsy)

This aircraft had his outer wings MG-FF cannons deleted to save weight. The nose Mg-17s were deleted also and faired over.

The most obvious characteristic was the double venturi tipe air intakes, wich used the ram effect form the airscrew to improve the breathing of the BMW 801 engine.

About 3 or 4 of this variant were manufactured and used by the JG-26 in ealy 1943. It seems that there was also some A-4/u7 and A-5 /U7 but I am not have info about it.
All pictures extracted from: “Höhere jäger und Kampfflugzeuge” waffen arsenal.

I see that only 3 or 4 were built.
Do you know if they managed to increase the performance or not.

It does but no much. There was also an A-5 variant with this system.

I like the colour scheme.
Well i suppose if only a couple were built that model could not have been very good and reliable.
Maybe it was also the costs in trying to sqeeze the performance out of it that was to much?

Well i suppose if only a couple were built that model could not have been very good and reliable.

Probably it was reliable but the german have plans for replace if not all many Fw-190A variants with the High altitude fighter FW-190d or the Ta-152.

The kinky coluor scheme came from the older aircfrat ( a bf-109) that the pilot flew in the eastern Front. Hermann Graf 212 kills.

Thanx for the info.
Do you know which german pilot had the most kills?(Hope not off topic)

If you mean the most kills in Fw-190 it was Otto Kittel.

267 kills total, more than 200 kills with the FW-190.

He served exclusively in the eastern front with the JG 54. He destroyed 90 Il-2 “ironclads”.

A impresive record. Cheers.

Fw-190 Sturm atacking B-17.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5577489836499596/30mm_vs_b-17_187/

Cool clip thanx.
It is hard to say if the B17 is returning fire although the ball turret looks like it is facing it’s guns toward the attacking Fw190. It also looks like the tail gunner has also been taken out.