The Luger.

Guess I’ll have to type faster if I want to keep up here. :frowning: I wasn’t trying to give a lesson in Physics, actually Dynamics; rather I was attempting to keep everything in layman’s terms to keep the reply shorter. And the short reply that would probably alleviated the need for the past wasted page would be that the .45 ACP or Auto moving a heavier bullet at a slower velocity has more stopping power than a 9mm round with a lighter bullet moving at a higher velocity. Perhaps the concept of referring to stopping power as knock down in the States rather muddled my original comment. I was never attempting to claim that a .45 would blow someone across a room or anything ridiculous like that, simply that a single .45 round has a better chance of putting an individual down than a single 9mm round.

it was so populatr because it was only issued to higher ranking men because it was so expensive to produce.it is a very pretty pistol but when it comes to combat it would jam a lot! and u would be medalling with the chamber rather then shooting down range.all in all great pistol my favorite one ever !

Eh, are you just posting ‘cut-and-paste’ stuff you find on the web from sites like Wikipedia?

That’s kind of not acceptable here…

Besides,
http://ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7555&highlight=luger

Walther P-38, replacement of the Luger.

The Walther P38 pistol was developed as a military pistol for the German army (Wehrmacht) during the late 1930s. It first appeared in 1938, and small numbers of the original HP (Heeres Pistole – army pistol) were bought by Sweden before the Wehrmacht adopted it as the Pistole 38 and took over all production guns. During the war, P38 pistols were made by a number of factories, including the Walther itself. After the war, most of the ex-Walther machinery ended up in France as war reparations, and many of the post-war P38 pistols were actually built in France, by the Manurhin factory.
P-38 first appeared as prototype as Heeres Pistole in 1936, it used a internal hammer changer to external under requeriment of the german army.

The gun is operated by a linear short recoil with a double sliding lock below the barrel. It have 8 rounds magazine, loaded chamber indicator and the decocker/safety introduced in the PP series.

Nearly 1,450.000 P-38s were manufactured by Walther in Zella Mehlis, Spreewerke near Berlin and some small factories in France up to 1945.

Production continued after the war and was adopted by the Bundeswehr in 1957.

Holster.

Guarding US prisoners in the Battle of the Bulge.

Agree wholeheartedly.
It delivers no extra information that cannot be gleaned from a simple search, wastes bandwidth and shows only that the poster can use the cut-and-paste facility.

It’s a shame the same criteria isn’t applied to all members, but then certain post counts would fall dramatically.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg68-e.htm
http://news.webshots.com/photo/1342319619060623851QYSzeH
http://www.sstotenkopf.net/weaponsammo.htm
http://www.the-dirtiest.com/ballistics.htm

Edited for examples.

the luger was very popular with allied soldiers especially the commandos

I don’t have a problem with snippets quoted from other sources. But complete articles should be used sparingly, and certainly links should be provided for proper accreditation…

In any case, there have been several “Luger” and handgun threads here that could have been found with a search…

What makes you think this? The Luger is the last sidearm I’d want if I were behind enemy lines on a special mission, unless it was in a city with no dirt around whatsoever…

To cuts :I copy an small extract of the first site, yet all images are scans by me of a magazine in spanish I own, if the images are repated in other site I dont know and I dont care, you will not going to direct my post or forbiding me of using some website for fast information.

Do I need to say always the same ? Do you love to be insulted ?

Insult you has became boring so I will not going to do it this time.
Ah, other thing I will continue to post here about other models of pistols used by the wehrmacht so If you are too annoyed by my post get ready to be more annoyed.

Calm down petal.
As it happens I was addressing Nick who always manages to answer very well for himself thanks. It’s not all about you, laddie.

But to address your petulant little outburst, you’ve given more than adequate proof of your callow regard for the opinions of others, both in your bouts of puerile hysteria during your megalomanic sojourn as a moderator and in jejune statements after you were sent back down the level of the proles.

Unfortunately these paroxysms and piqued stamping of your foot at any real or imagined criticism are particularly indicative of some sort of deep-seated repression. Have you considered taking a bit more counselling to develop your maturity ?

Cuts,
Swallowed a thesaurus today?

But to address your petulant little outburst, you’ve given more than adequate proof of your callow regard for the opinions of others, both in your bouts of puerile hysteria during your megalomanic sojourn as a moderator and in jejune statements after you were sent back down the level of the proles

Not quite sute what means “jejune”, “sojourn” and “callow” tough.

Next time he should try to undermine me in a simpler language.

No pal, I’m trying to give them up. :smiley:

Actually I don’t think I’ve introduced any words that haven’t been used in these fora previously. Jejune is probably not on every thread but then that would be repetitious - if sadly accurate. :wink:

It was rather literary, and rather good, wasn’t it?

Cuts,
Medicus, vigoratus Vestri.

‘Jejune’ and ‘callow’ both mean immature.

‘Sojourn’ means spending a temporary time in a place or position.

The quack will vigorously do WHAT to my vestibule ? :shock:

:wink: