The Manhattan Project - Atomic Bomb development

You know, RS, I have met the man. I can’t say I know him, but I did observe him at close quarters for about an hour and half. When he was governor, he came to the opening of a border station we had designed in Brownsville, Texas and gave a short speech. Bush is a frat boy and has a frat boy’s charm.

As a drinking buddy, he’s probably a lot of fun. As a governor and a president he’s been a disaster through and through. He ought to be well educated - Yale and Harvard and all that, but he doesn’t act like it; nor does he speak like it, but that could just be a speech defect. The best things about George Bush are his father who had the good sense to know when to stop short of Baghdad and who built a real coalition, not a fake one; and George’s wife Laura who could have done a lot better, poor thing.

Let’s put it this way - I get invited to his ranch almost as much as Colin Powell does, which is to say - never. Colin’s error was speaking truth to power. Bush is not interested in the truth, but he is interested in power without accountability. LOL!