The Master

who are you calling a TROLL ?

Firefly.

See how it’s degenerated since he trolled? :wink:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response

A troll is a fearsome member of a mythical anthropomorphic race from Norse mythology. Originally more or less the Nordic equivalents of giants, although often smaller in size, the different depictions have come to range from the fiendish giants – similar to the ogres of England (also called Trolls at times, see Troller’s Gill) – to a devious, more human-like folk of the wilderness, living underground in hills, caves or mounds. In the Faroe islands, Orkney and Shetland tales, trolls are called trows, adopted from the Norse language when these islands were settled by Vikings.

ok, I was a bit confused now…

Oh, you guys…

:rolleyes:

Bunch of Nazi sympathisers the lot of ye!

Oh BTW its Burns night tonight!!! Nothing like a thread hijack [PK would be spinning in his grave if he werent alive]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/history/burnsnight/

Me, I’ll be in the Mess, probably have a sore head tomorrow as these things usually get out of hand. Of course if you want to look smart in the Mess you need to get the right duds, you can order some stuff here if you want.

http://www.messdress.com/index.html

BURNS NIGHT?

Och!

Ya wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim’rous beastie! :wink:

I suppose it falls to me to present Rabbie’s annual words of Celtic obscurity.

Fair fa your honest sonsie face,
Great Chieftan o the Puddin-race!
Aboon them a ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe or thairm
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang s my arm.

The Groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hurdies like a distant hill
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o need,
While thro your pores the dews distil Like Amber bead.

His knife see Rustic – labour dight
An cut you up we’ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright
Like one ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm, reekin, rich!

Then, horn for horn they strecth an’ strive,
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
till a’ their weel – swall’d kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
Then auld Guidman, maist like to rise,
Be thankit hums.

Is there that owre his French ragout,
Or Olio wad straw a sov,
Or fricasse wad make her spew
Wi perfect scummer,
Looks down wi sneering, scornfu’ view
On sic a dinner?

Poor devil! See him over owre his trash,
As feckless as a wither’d rash,
His spindle shank a guid whip – lash,
His nieve a nit
Thro’ bluidy flood or field to dash,
O how unfit!

But mark the rustic, haggis fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread.
Clap in his walie nieve a blade.
He’ll make it whistle;
An’ legs an’ arms, an’ heads will sned
Like taps o’ thristle

Ye pow’rs wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o’fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware,
That jaups in luggies,
But, if you wish her gratefu’ pray’r
Gie her a Haggis!

Now, Jock, you’re really pushing it!

PK is alive!

Pull the other one. :smiley:

Understandable intepretation for anyone born since about 1985, but Firefly, being of the sporran swingin’ persuasion to conceal an even hairier and more fearsome monster beneath his frayed kilt, was referring to Robbie Burns who, in any other language, would be regarded as poet. :wink: :smiley: (The latter comment is purely to annoy Firefly and his kilted ilk. :D)

http://www.robertburns.org/

Remember Rabbie the next time you sing Auld Lang Syne, becuase they’re his words.

Nothing wrong with a bit o Haggis

If you can catch one…

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/

Yes, well, that’s rather nice, but I prefer to get my duds from someone who’s been around for at least three centuries. Somewhat longer than before man’s current silliness with lighter than air machines, what? :wink: :smiley: http://www.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/about-us/History_Of_Legal_7.htm

Unfortunately I’m from ‘before 1985’…:rolleyes:

Mate, FFS!

They’re just bloody platypus heads

stuck on some idiot’s idea of an echidna body (apart from the one on the left stuck onto a tortoise - very convincing!).

Against a real echidna

This is the first intimation I’ve had that haggis is a hallucinogen. :smiley:

Perhaps, but fortunately you’re not Scottish.

Doesn’t matter what year they’re born, they’re always trouble. :wink: :smiley:

Well, I was stating only that a single picture does not a story make, and although it may to some be worth a thousand words, its up to the viewer to choose those thousand words, which could lead pretty much anyplace.
As evidence, there isnt much to be inferred from the picture, beyond what is actually depicted,any number of possibilities may have preceeded this frame, and any number may proceed from it.

MMMMMMM, A tasty Haggis is for me! wi’ a dram or two of the water of life! Oh, happy Scots are we,The only drink fit to grace the Puddin’ devine.
An enterprise well worth the skinned knees got in the catching of the Noble beast.

By the way the two protagonist of the picture can be seen here, about the minute 15 or so. ( save target, no left clik)

http://nsl-archiv.info/Filme/Deutsche-Wochenschauen/1941-07-16%20-%20Die%20Deutsche%20Wochenschau%20Nr.%20567%20(36m%2057s,%20720x544).avi

Hi Koen,

I am interested in starting to collect WW2 pictures. Are there any decent websites to start me off.

My main interests are allied armour subjects, though all I am able to find at collectors/millitary shows are German regimental photo albums. Strange eh?

Wierd topic by the way - but an few interesting opinions nevertheless.

Stuart

Allow me to jump in but “Why search every low and high,
when good things could not be closer by.”:wink:

Try ww2 in colour, er OK your here already, so why not try ww2 in colour, did I mention that your here already?

Sound advice chaps, thanks for the nice welcome, think I may just stick around…

Stuart