The War in Iraq

Well, I don’t know anyone who does not acknowledge that. But that does not change anything, once we went in, we stayed to repair the damage to the infrastructure. That certainly needed to be done, and it is something we have done in WWII and other conflicts. The millions in lend lease loans to countries, have never been repaid to the US, and we have never insisted on it. Perhaps if it had been repaid, other countries would not be as well off. But, no one thanks us for it. Even the Iraqi’s who agreed to pay for help with oil profits, are just building their treasure chests. They do not even supply oil to the military there, we spend millions for fuel.

People may not like the US, but we have left every country we helped better off than they were before we finished. If the people in this country who complain so much, used their brain to think, instead of following the media like sheep, they would be backing the support of Iraq.

Iraqi’s are there, on the ground, know what life is like, and they support US.
It is only about 7% of the dissidents who want a dictatorship, so they can be as wealthy as they were, who do not. Like every country, it only takes a few idiots to spoil it for an entire city.

Being won, is much different than going home. Ending a war, is much different than going home. People believe the war in Korea ended in 1953, it did not. We signed a Cease Fire agreement, no armistice was ever signed. Technically it still could be said, we are still at war with North Korea. Men in the US Army, have been dying every year in Korea, killed by soldiers of North Korea. No, not hundreds, but some years there have been dozens killed. When my Nephew was there, before he went to Bosnia, 18 men were from his Helicopter unit were killed.

WE HAVE BEEN THERE, OVER FIFTY YEARS, at the rate it is going, it may be another fifty years. It is that kind of a situation McCain is talking about. Not a full fledged war. We still have troops in Europe, and that is over 60 years, it is easy to believe we could be in a country for 100 years.

"Greetings from the FRONT LINE! By: David C. Osborne

The view/opinion expressed are my own, and DO NOT necessarily reflect the views of other Soldiers, the American People, or members of the U.S. Government

It is on the eve of yet another day of FIERCE fighting in Baghdad that I write the following to my fellow Americans…

Greetings from Baghdad, I trust this note finds you well.

Things in Baghdad are extremely complicated, and only the Lord knows what challenges each day will bring.

I wish it were possible to talk to every American citizen at one time, and ask you BEG YOU to not give up on ME… I am fighting a terrible war, not against any nation or “army” but against an evil ideology (Satan Himself I believe) that is anti-American and anti-Freedom…

Few things in THIS life are worth fighting for, but in my opinion this IS one of those few things…

It is sad to see that some soldiers, and a growing number of American Citizens either do not understand this, or no longer believe that FREEDOM IS still worth fighting for… I do not know what the future holds for us, but I SINCERELY believe that if WHEN the American people order us to stop fighting here in IRAQ, the battleground of our choosing…"

You can read the entire piece here, plus others he has written.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1818112/posts

Quote SFC David Osborne
“The Iraqi people desperately want security and stability… how many soldiers… how many nations… how many American CITIZENS are willing to help them achieve that, AT ANY COST ! What is the “price tag” of freedom? I say that there IS no price tag, Freedom is NOT FOR SALE ! The enemy knows that without security and stability, Iraq will NEVER be FREE, and there is no DOUBT that the enemies of FREEDOM are committed to THEIR cause, my question for you is this… Are YOU as committed to Pro-American, Pro-Freedom values, as the enemy is to Anti-American, Anti-Freedom values? IF your answer is yes, please let me do MY JOB !!”

When David is not on duty in Iraq, he is a Sgt in the Tallahassee Police Dept.
So far, he has served three tours in Iraqi. He also says a lot more in our Family Website on family.com … We come from a very large military family, we have all put our money where our mouth is, since the Revolution.

William Osborne and Benjamin Flag were awarded the Medal of Honor in the Civil war. Another member of the family Cpl Jason Dunham, a Marine, was recommended the first Medal of Honor by the Marines in Iraq. Pres Bush presented it posthumously.

Like Vietnam? Or the Philippines?

I referred to the US led coalition.

You’re talking about the US.

You also insist on talking about ‘we’ as if Canada is the US. Last time I heard, it’s not. And that’s a fact.

Medal of Honor for soldier killed in Iraq
Ross McGinnis jumped on grenade thrown into Humvee, saved four others

The Associated Press
updated 2:01 p.m. ET, Fri., May. 23, 2008

WASHINGTON - The White House announced Friday that a Pennsylvania soldier who jumped on top of a grenade in Iraq and saved the lives of his comrades will posthumously receive the Medal of Honor.

The nation’s highest military honor will be given to 19-year-old Army Pfc. Ross McGinnis of Knox, Pa., on June 2.

McGinnis “distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism,” said White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto.

McGinnis was perched in the gunner’s hatch of a Humvee when a grenade sailed past him and into the truck where four other soldiers sat. He shouted a warning to the others, then jumped on the grenade. The grenade, which was lodged near the vehicle’s radio, blew up and killed him.

Lt. Col. Anne Edgecomb, an Army spokeswoman, said McGinnis easily could have jumped out of the truck and saved himself.

‘It saved their lives’
“The instinct is, jump out of the vehicle, but his four buddies were in the vehicle with him … and he chose to place himself on top of the grenade and absorb the impact, and it saved their lives,” Edgecomb said.

McGinnis was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, in Schweinfurt, Germany.

He died on Dec. 4, 2006.

Three others have also been awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously for their actions in Iraq. They are Army Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael A. Monsoor and Marine Cpl. Jason L. Dunham.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MSNBC