Top Soldiers of WWII

Well probably this true;)
However it hard to believe the Insane could captured the Whole continental Europe for the 1 year, terrorized the Britain for three , and vanished out the Red army for the 4 years.
If he was insane - who were the other in this way?:wink:

Just kiddingā€¦
Cheers.

Iā€™ll go with the Ghurkas. Well motivated, well trained, had great courage. There is a story, (dont know if it is a true story, but if it isnā€™t, it aught to be.) A group of Ghurkas were informed that they would be going on a jump mission, and that the jump altitude was to be 3,000Ft. They grumbled about it until someone clued them in about parachutesā€¦

I saw one vote for Russia up there and i got to ask one thing. What are you thinking? Probobly the last time Russia was good in battle was when Peter the Great was Tsar. Sorry if anyone is sensitive to what I just posted

but get used to it.

Frankly speaking, a guy who made just 13 post in a forum is not, IMHO, in a position to tell other members ā€œget used to itā€.

But it maybe just me being wrong. Huh?

I hope youā€™re not wrong Igor.

Your not wrong. Mabey I should have thought before I spoke.

and Ijust found out that I voted Russians. I thought I clicked on somting eslse like Americans.

Sorry Igor and Kovalski

it is ok:)

You see! Mystery solved! :mrgreen:

BTW, ā€œRussiansā€ is the right answer! :wink:

haha maybe in terms of snipers, but i dont know if i would be able to agree for the average russian conscript in terms of training and average fighting ablilty. It really wasnt until late in the war the russians started to really hammer on the germans, but i think pre 1943, red army was disorganized garbage. Stalin wiped out generals and most of his good officers, so the new officers took a while to learn what war was about.

I seem to remember reading a German assessment of the Russian soldier years ago that said something to the effect that the Russians were first rate fighters from the start and in time they became first rate soldiers as well.

Here about

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101858&postcount=78

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105753&postcount=139

Both Moscow and Stalingrad happened in 1941 and 1942 respectivly. So it is not that simple.
But I do agree that in average Soviet conscript was less educated than lets say German one. In a way it was a fight between a pesant and a factory worker.

But who won at the end?

Hey! If it wasnā€™t for Russian Involvement in WWII than wepons like the AK-47 or the RPG might not have ever been invented. I even know why the AK was invented.

The AK-47 was invented as a result of high russian casualties. so some random soldier (he is still alive today) created a wepon that you could get wet and still fire it the next day.It has a killing range of 200 meters and a tirty round clip. Compare that to the M-16.

The allies.

Hmm, totally biased, but I think overall on average the german soldiers were ahead of the pack in both world wars. My grandfather who fought in france 40+44 and russia 42-43 said the russians were the tougher opponents but more for fighting spirit and ferocity while the western allies were better when it came to tactical skills (british, canadian, i donā€™t know if he ever met GIā€™s). And of course his memory could be tainted by bad weather :D.

Mihail Kalashnikov was not exactly a ā€œrandomā€ soldier. A random soldier can not just start making weapon deign and become the General Designer of small arms for the Soviet Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Kalashnikov

It is because we are peacefull people and know how to collect berries anf mashrooms in the forest rather than the war tacktics.
It is only when an enemy comes to our house we put the sickle and hammer aside and take the rifle. :wink:

Naturally Iā€™m going to be parochial and say Aussie soldiers and also Kiwis, Canadians and Ghurkas. Their exploits during the war were often overlooked or deliberately ignored.

But I will stick to Aussie soldiers who were definitely superior to Italians, gave the Germans some bloody noses in North Africa and from the end of 1942 were superior to the Japanese in all aspects of infantry warfare.

Regards digger.