Traitors

The Ukrainian Insurgent Army (Ukrainian: Українська Повстанська Армія, Ukrayins’ka Povstans’ka Armiya, UPA) was an independent Ukrainian guerrilla army formed on October 14, 1942, in Volhynia. The UPA was the military branch of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists. The main goal of the UPA was an independent Ukraine. Its leaders were Roman Shukhevych and Stepan Bandera.

The UPA fought a broad spectrum of military forces in the area: the German Wehrmacht, the Nazi German SS, the Polish Armia Krajowa and the Soviet Red Army. The UPA also fought the Ukrainian supporters of the latter three. After World War II, UPA partisan units continued fighting the Soviet Union and communist Poland until the early 1950s, especially in Carpathian Mountains regions. It was unique among practically all resistance movements in Nazi-occupied Europe in that it had no significant foreign support, making its growth and strength an indication of its popularity among the Ukrainian people.

Speaking about the problem of traitors, I suppose we must mention one simple reason that made soviet POWs to trait their country. It was really simple- soviet POWs were in such conditions that they had to choose death from hunger, disease, slave labour or just to become german supporter. And when I think over this circamstences applying it to myself I really don`t know what I may choose, if I would starve.

That’s bitten truth Sturmfuhrer.
The conditions of soviet POWs were the worstest in the European front - coz the Nazy treated with them from ideological point - the slav low races.
Moreover in comparition with allies POW who could survive coz the Nazy was obligated to feed them and give the madical service - they were free from any obligation toward the soviet POWs.The extremly high-rate deat of soviet pows ( about 60% fro the 4 years of wr perished) was the reason to colloborate with Nazy (especially at the firs stage of war when NAzy was in height of success.
Nevertheless i have to say that NOT ALL of the soviet pows were colloborated with Nazy - the absolut majoirity of then had chosed not to betray the motheland.
BTW the interesting statistic of betrayers gives the next source
http://fat-yankey.livejournal.com/20865.html
and a qite amazing statistic gives the other source
http://community.livejournal.com/antirevizionizm/70770.html?mode=reply

This diagramm shows the prcentage among the betrayers of differen nationalities of the USSR. The leaders are the Baltic Latvian and Estonia - this is not amazing.
But the relatively low percentage of traitors in Litva is very interesting;)
]

If the Russian hadn’t shot their own men they would have far less casuleties and if the commishers keep doing that they’ll be fighting the Germans 10 to 1

well you have to realize that in many of the soviet victories such as the charge at Stalingrad, a typical infantrymen with little or no training, sometimes with no weapon had a very slim chance of surviving, had it not been for this tactic which as Stalin put it “it takes more courage in the red army to advance than to retreat” the charge would have been going in the other direction.

Read the other threads befor to write a something.
Do nod need to creat the simular thread about traitors if it already exists.
Be more attentive.

Извените у меня нет переводчика. Sory i dont have a translator. Если он освободитель, то почему он и его подченённые убивали мирное население, подло стреляли им в спину. Это относится ко всем “освободителям” против сталинского режима например РОА, УПА и т.д. И вообще он трус, попал в окружение и захотел выжить, вот и сказал, что против Сталина и народа, так что, он чистой воды придатель!