Unusual german small arms and infantry weapons of world war ii.

German wooden Shue Mine

w29.jpg

105mm Panzerschreck

27mm Kampfpistole
and
27mm Sturmpistole

w35.jpg

w36.jpg

Walther toggle-action shotgun

Nazi explosive chocolate bar grenade

c1.jpg

3.5 kg Haft-Hohlladung magnetic mine

and
Glasgrenate (Glass Grenade)

c16.jpg

c17.jpg

c19.jpg

SS HL-Handgranate “sticky grenade”
Volkssturm remote-firing Panzerfaust
PzHM-3 early magnetic mine with spikes for wooden pillbox attachment
7.92mm Pzb SS-41, a Czech weapon manufactured by Solothurn for the SS
Luftwaffe Survival Drilling made by Sauer in 12 ga/9.3x74mmR
Truppenfahrrad with 5cm M36 mortar and ammo box attached
German Krieg bicycle with mounted STG-44 assault rifle and Teller mine!
7.92mm MP-43 with ZF-4 scope
10 l Sp.Bu (Sprühbüchse) 37 Gb, German mustard gas contamination weapon
German Drilling being loaded with a WK-326 grenade
28mm 28/20 S.Pzb-41 Taper-bore Fallschirmjäger/Gebirgjäger AT gun

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c6.jpg

Luftwaffe2.jpg

f1.jpg

image047.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

b7.jpg

e5.jpg

e11.jpg

e12.jpg

What’s with the umbrella on the panzerwurfmine?:smiley:

It was a hand thrown item and the vanes were to stabilise it in flight. I presume it was a shaped charge and needed to point the right way to work.

It was actually a development of the german air force. It was established in May 1943 and the stabilizer was made of canvas. This hollow charge weapon has proved a failure though.

It’s japanese instead of german, but it’s along the same line. My dad brought back a pack of japanese cigarettes from PTO. He said the japanese used to poison the cigarettes and leave them to be picked up and used by allies. The pack has disintegrated but still have cigarettes in envelope. Even after so many years I’d still not smoke them.:shock:

Nothing un-usual about this, can guns were a common gent’s accessory around the turn of the century. Similar to ladies “Muff pistols” (the muff being a fur sleeve open at both ends that women wore in winter to keep their hands warm).

What is your source to this?

Btw the MG.34 and MG.42 are man portable and can be “held by one man”

Yeah, but held and fired accuratly?

Stop and think for a second. MGs are normally fired by one person. Either from the bi-pod, tripod or supported from the sling. Also German MGs were not ment to be accurate, they were intended to be bullet hoses that covered an area with lead.

The MG.45 is just another extension of the ongoing universal machinegun program started with the MG.34, with goals such as improving the rate of fire and reducing the production cost.

With a theoritical ROF approaching 1500rpm do you think that the MG.45 would have handled any differently from the MG.42?

was the mg43 in the war? I was reading a book on arms and doesn’t list the weapon’s date of introduction.

Please Mr. Commisar explain, why a weapon which looks like the MG42 was called MG45?

Was it an attempt to fix that certain funtional error which was solved with the Verschlussbremse/NATO-Bremse in the MG3 or did it have a different caliber etc.?

Or did it just simply use diffenrent internals, like today e.g. the Austrian MG3 compared to the German MG3?

The only things which seem to be different are the Rückstoßverstärker and the Zuführeroberteil/-unterteil (one piece??).

And what do you mean with ‘Made to be held by one man’?
The weapon is fired by one gunner, and normally a second gunner for the ammonition etc.

Well they were going to have someone sling it on there shoulder and attched a metal rod thing to the left of then the ammo would drape into a box around your waste so it would be fired accuratly by one man like that there were only like a couple hundred models.

Wait - i don’t really understand what you are writing there - or am i?

I understand it like that, that you are talking about fireing the weapon while standing? … good lucke fireing that weaponsystem accurately - we tried hitting a target 25m away with the MG3 while standing - there were no really good results.

But still i don’t get why you always want to sell us that: ‘Can be fired by one man’-thing …

Comrade, who ever wrote that was full of it. Also the gun never finished the trials stage (scheduled to end in April/May 1945) and production was probably less than a hundred.

You need to get better sources for your information.