USAAF guncam Footage.

Allied Fighters Strafe Elite German ME-2

[link](http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1881994360824210862)

That is a good first post, very nice video, no flak response there.

Interesting secuence showing a german pilot bailing out of his Fw-190A, the film was caught by a P-47 thunderbolt, the victor of the german fighter.

Oh really impressive thread , many thanks PZ.
You know how to wonder peoples with this matter…

Allied Fighters Strafe Elite German ME-2

Something promts me , this is not a real combat video, but probably the post-battle training of the allies poilots. There is no answering AA-fire from the ground. This is very doubtable that GErmans put their most valuable and expensive me-262 on the field without the strong AA-suppot.
Or germans troops have been finally beaten here and withdrew out of this area…

Something promts me , this is not a real combat video, but probably the post-battle training of the allies poilots

I dont think so, in my opinion the Flak was caught by surprize.

Thanks, here is more, Us fighter attacked a large formation of Me-110G zerstörers, one is hit and explode in flames.

Another Messerschmitt goes down, the killer, a P-51.

Bump.

I see the light now, thanks.

Is there chance to paste this in American military again ?

Okay Is done know, tante grazie.( we are all candy and peaches now)

P-47 guncam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhreZIk07pI

You have got to keep in mind, 8 .50s produce over 110 rounds a second. If a enemy plane just stays in the gunsight for 1/2 a second that’s over 50 rounds colliding with that plane. Does not take much to down a fighter with that kind of firepower.

Deaf

True, other good point of having many single type guns is easy of harmonization and aiming given the similar bullet trajectory of every machinegun.

Heinkel he-117 and He-219 strafed.

That’s true to. I understand the theory used on both the A6M and Bf-109 with their 7.7 and 7.92 guns firing till they were on target and then the low velocity 20mm being fired (had to save ammo, those 20s only hand 60 rounds per gun, thus six seconds of firing time.) But that was only good for short range shooting. MG FFs, a sort of sawed off Oerlikon, were used on both the BF and the A6M.

Interesting tidbit, the P-38’s Hispano 20mm had a high enough velocity (being one of the most powerful 20mms had something to do with that) and good sectional density, it kept it’s flight trajectory well enough to harmonize out to 300 yards or so with the .50 cal. before the trajectories started to differ. Inside 300 yards you got the benifit of 10 20mm and 56 rounds of .50 cal. per second. I don’t think any fighter back then could take even 1/2 second of fire if it was on the money.

Do you guys know where the term, “The whole nine yards” comes from?

P-47s. Or at least that’s one version of how the term came about. The pilot told the report he gave the enemy fighter ‘the whole nine yards’, 9 yards being the length of the .50 cal. M2s belt that fit in the Tbolt. 9 yards = 360 rounds. That’s raining alot of poop on someone!

Of course you would burn the barrels out of the .50s doing that right then and there but the other joe would be real unhappy!

Deaf