What Unit Would You Serve In

My granddad in ww2 was an enginer, hes job was too repair tanks.
Before repairing the tanks ,he had too pick human parts out of the tank.
Is my granddad a criminal?:confused:

Iā€™m with you, assuming that the only purpose of the bombing was to obliterate the camp. That just denies the poor bastards in there whatever chance they had of life and, worse, from people who ought to have been trying to save their lives. And what military or other purpose could it serve, apart from assisting the Nazis in exterminating people when the Allies were supposed to be standing for an opposing principle?

If it was an attempt to breach the wire to let the captives out (not that most would have anywhere to go) as happened in another air raid I canā€™t quite recall against the walls of a prison in ?France ?Belguim to release ?Resistance fighters which didnā€™t go all that well (?Mosquito bombers - someone will know), then Iā€™d be in it. Because it offers a chance of life to the captives, rather than taking their lives.

I was thinking along this track to. I posted this because I saw a documentary in which they interviewed former bomber crews. and this Q was asked of them. to a man they said no way in hell. they would disobey the order and prefer to go to jail rather than live with this the rest of their lives. many argued donā€™t bomb the camps but rather the railways leading to the camps. well it would shut them down. but for how long??? and who would repair the damage??? I assume the Jews which means more died. its really a no win deal. the fact was the allies had NO resources for this anyway. prior to the Normandy invasion the camps were out of range. and the air forces were totally committed to bombing Germany.
here was the definitive article that settled it. an insight as to why the camps were not bombed. from a Jewish perspective. its in 3 parts by Michael Berenbaum.
[[the camps](the camps) this is part 1. scroll to the bottom for parts 2 and 3.

a note:

posted January 15th, 2008

When President George W. Bush visited Israelā€™s Memorial to the Holocaust, Yad Vashem, last Friday, he paused at the photograph of Auschwitz, called over Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and said: ā€œWe should have bombed Auschwitz.ā€

Yet the issue is far more complex ā€¦

I did NOT agree with Bush here at all.
[URL=ā€œhttp://www.britannica.com/blogs/author/mberenbaumā€]link](http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/04/why-the-allies-didnā€™t-bomb-the-death-camps-part-i/)