What was the best army in WWII

yes, of course. thats why i said the us artillery was the best

I think you will also find that the UK artillery was fully motorised as well. In fact the UK was the worlds first fully mechanised Army. The German army never achieved this.

was it really fully motorized? While many sources say that the US army was fully motorized, in actuality it was more like 50%. A US infantry division could move either all its gear or all its troops. However, some units could have full motorization due to aquisition of enemy vehicles or enacting gross/dangerous overload on their tanks and trucks.

the germans never achieved this because of the amount of vehicles they lost during the war with russia/russian winter. If my memory serves me correctly, 60,000 trucks were lost in Stalingrad. Also, the size of the german army was larger then the enlgish army.

The British Army was fully, 100% motorised by about 1938.

1938 was when the last Cavelry regiments gave up their horses.

Although does the reintroduction of donkeys in Burma mean they backtracked? :smiley:

I know that the BEF was fully motorized at the beginning of the war, but was this mostly on paper or did it actually happen? the US certainly didn’t have enough vehicles to move its whole army. and the us was the world’s biggest automobile manufacturer.

It actually happened mate, the British Army got rid of their last horses in 1938.

so did the americans. I meant, did the british have to perform gross/dangerous overload of their vehicles? I think a lot of british equipment was american.

Not as far as I’m aware - and most of the vehicles were British before the war started - there were a few truck manufacturers in Britain back then.

The top armies were German,American and Soviet

is this question about best army in terms of total power or best army in terms of quality?