Whats your favourite chopper of all time?

Eurocopter AS 332 Super Puma.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Super_Puma

An oldie but I like it:
Vertol H21C known as Helicoptere Banane.

Knew it as soon as I saw it. Have a 1:72 (or it may be 1:100, but it’s still sizable) model of the thing.

Always thought it was a very interesting aircraft, the Rotodyne, would be intrigued as to what one constructed with modern materials would be able to achieve.

Regards, Uyraell.

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::lol:

That’ll be for helping prep the steak, eggs, onions, and chips, then.

Regards, Uyraell.

Have always felt the bananaboat to be an odd-ball, right back to the Piascecki original that Vertol licence-produced, along with several European consortia.
However, it has to be remembered, at the time, the thing was one of very few viable transport/“heavy-lift” helicopters available/in service.

Regards, Uyraell.

With 1960s technology it outperformed any helicopter yet built. Unfortunately it was assassinated for domestic political reasons :(.

Too true. Tragi-comic in a way. The thing was exactly what was needed.
Political idiocy (as per usual in the UK of that era) killed it.

(Though, between you, me, and the gatepost: as the years have gone by I have VERY Seriously wondered at how much UK Defence and Transport policies were, in effect, being run from Moscow. Reds-under-the-bed type thinking aside, looking back, almost every time a Good idea occurred it was killed, when every bad idea was pushed forwards…)

Warm Regards, Uyraell.