Who should be new mods?

I am…

Two has to be better than one, if only because it’d halve your workload.

I was posting in there regularly for a while, but just got bogged down a bit…

Do we want to approach a candidate about being a mod?

If so, which one(s)?

I think you guys know the members on here best, so I’ll let you figure this one out!

Righto, fellas: Are we going to approach someone to be a mod?

If so, who? Or, for the pedants, whom?

OK let’s get this thing moving. as I said before, I’m OK with your choices and so, someone needs to decide, RS? And get in contact with someone else.

Let’s put a deadline of 11 Jun on this one guys…

The candidates, in alphabetical order, are

Ardee
Amrit
JR
Librarian
Schuultz
Tankgeezer

How about we all rank our first three preferred candidates, with reasons?

Mine are

1. Tankgeezer. He’s on a fair bit, although somewhat intermittently. He’s mature and sensible, but can stand his ground when challenged. He’s been on the board for a while so has a degree of commitment.

2. Schuultz. A very close second to TG, for much the same reasons. Main reason I’m putting him second is that he seems to be on less than TG. An advantage he has over TG is that he has a German focus. There’s enough Anglo-American mods.

3. Ardee or JR, if only so that there is a mod whose primary focus is the photo section to share it with FTG. The rest of us can cope with the forum.

If there’s a consensus on the preferred candidate I’m happy to approach him with an offer he can’t refuse. :wink: :smiley:

Happy with Tankgeezer, Librarian or Schuultz for the forum. No idea about the photo site, but given how poorly linked the two are I see no reason that a mod has to be a mod on both at once.

Nick & FTG

What do you think?

Tankgeezer, Schuultz, or Librarian would be fine.

If FTG feels overwhelmed, then perhaps an additional mod for the photo portion could be modded in addition…

There is a consensus so far on tankgeezer as the first choice.

However, as FTG is the main photo section mod (and also likely to be overwhelmed by the recent arrival of mini-FTG :wink: :smiley: ), it seems fair to allow him to offer his view on whether:

(a) tankgeezer or someone else should be offered the next mod position,

and

(b) Ardee or JR should be offered a mod position as well to focus on the photo section.

There’s no reason we can’t bring two mods on to meet the needs of both the forum and photo section.

TG and Schuultz are first choice for the forum to me. Librarian accepting the job offer seems utopian to me…

Concerning the photo site I see no real necessity for another mod but if I’d have to choose one it would be Schuultz as well.
Let’s not forget there is no spam problem there. Also there’s no sophisticated warning/infraction system which means if someone like “1488adolfhitler1488” (happened a couple of weeks ago) shows up the account will be deleted.
Moderating the photo site is basically knowing about the photo database, deleting reposts or idiotic uploads.
To me JR is a poster way too valuable to be concerned with something like that (a bit like Librarian on the forums), Ardee isn’t around too often anymore.

TG it is.

I’ve sent him the following PM and will post here when I get a reply.

Another mod is required to replace George Eller, who seems to have disappeared.

You’re the first choice, because we think you’ve got the right mix of tolerance, firmness and humour.

It doesn’t involve much nowadays as the spam filter works pretty well and we don’t get any trolls on the board, although the latter could change any time.

Plus you get all the privileges of rank. I can’t actually think of any, but if there are some you’ll get them. :wink: :smiley:

Would you like to join us in the mod room?

Cheers,

Damian

Cool.
Who’s Damian?

Me.

TG has accepted.

Over to you, Firefly and or Procyon.