Why did the Germans, or Nazis, hate the Russians so much?

Is that one from the brothers Grimm?

no i watched the documentary about it it was hitlers idea but ithink they wanted oil from kavkaz

Well Bravo now its look like the Cold war propoganda :wink:

However, German rule in the occupied territories eventually aided the Soviet cause. Nazi administrators of conquered Soviet territories made little attempt to exploit the population’s dissatisfaction with Soviet political and economic policies. Instead, the Nazis preserved the collective-farm system, systematically carried out genocidal policies against Jews, and deported others (mainly Ukrainians) to work in Germany.

Oh againt the Jews.
When you sir will begin to respect the other nations?Their death and sucrifices.
Do you forget about mass killing of native ukrainians by the SS and Police battalions?
May be you don’t know by the MOST of Ukraine had no illusions about Nazy. From the first period of war in the occuped Ukraine were formed a powerfull partisan movenment that were supported by the population. In the 1942 practically whole forest Ukraine was involved in the partisan war.
To the answer the Germans had begin the great terror agains Ukraine civils population when for each killed germans soldier they killed 50-100 civils hostages.
As the resault of nazy occupation Ukraine lost about 7-8 million of its civils population for that time.

Under these circumstances, the great majority of the Soviet people fought and worked on their country’s behalf, thus ensuring the regime’s survival. Total civilian losses during the war and German occupation in Ukraine are estimated between five and seven million, including over half a million Jews shot and killed by the Einsatzgruppen. Of the estimated 11 million Soviet troops who fell in battle against the Nazis, about a fourth (2.7 million) were ethnic Ukrainians. Ukraine is distinguished as one of the first nations to fight the Axis powers in Carpatho-Ukraine, and one that saw some of the greatest bloodshed during the war."

Yes this true the Ukraine like and Poland losed the highest percentage of its popilation during the war. The victims ONLY among Ukraine civils exceeds the whole jewish HOLOCAUST. This is the fact.

Naaaah, we can not dismiss everything as being Cold War propaganda.
This chap is offering a personal opinion, based on his understanding/misunderstanding of the situation. I was reporting what has been recorded and reported. I mentioned one TV documentory source and posted another. Your :wink: is inappropriate in this case.

Not all of what Britain has done has been for the good, I am able to face the realities if I’m presented with them. I don’t feel any personal guilt for the crimes of others. Neither do I believe that if my country has been guilty of some crime in the past(which it has - both genuine and perceived), that it should prohibit me from offering an opinion on other misdeeds

The whermacht had 250.000 russian/bielorussain/ukranian soldiers on service in all fronts in 1944.

So much were hated.