Why it is not RPG?

I’d also have to say the PIAT, Followed by the Panzerfaust, PanzerShrek and finally Bazooka.

Why the PIAT:

1.) Cheap to make
2.) Effective charge
3.) Not a rocket
- Can be fired from inside an enclosed space (aka a building)
- No smoke trail
4.) Re-Cocks itself after each shot (only needs to be cocked once)

Why the Panzerfaust was next.
1.) Cheap
2.) Effective
3.) Disposable
4.) Simple to Use

Why the Panzershrek was next

1.) Very Effective
2.) Long Range

Why the Bazooka was Last.

1.) Rounds too small to hurt german armour to the front armour.

• Note the original design caused for a rocket the same size as the Panzershrek, but the war dept scaled it down to make it cheaper and lighter, one more great invention whittled down to second rate (then ripped off by the germans and done right)

What about the 57mm recoilless rifle M18? More accurate & longer-ranged (can hit a tank at 1000yds) than the lot of what you’ve just talked about.

I have no idea what this thread is about? Anyone enlighten me?

Are you joking Firefly? :smiley:

RPG = Rocket propelled grenade http://science.howstuffworks.com/rpg3.htm

Generally - anti-tank weapons. :smiley:

Edited: in connection withhttp://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54
(What hit this tank??)

Dani I understand what an RPG is, but what is the thread about, in relation to the quoted here. What are you all saying an RPG has/hasnt done?

Yep, we should rename the thread in “Anti-tank weapons”

Edited: Please check the link posted in my last post.

Dani I understand what an RPG is, but what is the thread about, in relation to the quoted here. What are you all saying an RPG has/hasnt done?[/quote]

Firefly the original post had a picture of an M1 with a small hole going through it. It travelled through the skirt, side, bits of equipment in the tank (boxes) and stopped on the far side. It was about .5 size that’s why the thread starts with A/T rifles. The pictures may have been moved.

Thanks 2nd of foot!
The initial thread was splitted by Gen Sandworm (and the first part of the original thread you could find checking the link above).

Hmm been tempted to answer this IF it was an anti-tank rifle then that’s a poor advert for the M1’s armour as AT rifles were deemed inneffective at the start of WW2. My only idea is that it was some sort of hollow charge (HEAT) round that hit the side skirt and the slug was sufficiently narrow to produce such a small hole but I’m not 100% convinced with this theory.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I have nothing to add to the conversation on this as I have no idea what it could have been, except that Im positive it wasnt an AT rifle.

I honestly think that we accidently shot ourselves with some new weapon we have. Anyhow whatever is was is mean as fuck. Ill tell ya this thing has enough to penetrate any tank in world. Coz whatever the projectile was fell just a couple of inches shy of exiting the tank. :shock: