World Cup 2006

my bet is on Germany for its home advantage

As I said before it make sense to bet on two teams which will go out of each group regardless which team will be first or second.
My bets are:

Group A
Germany
Poland

Group B
England
Sweden

Group C
Argentina
Holland

Group D
Mexico
Portugal

Group E
US
Czech Republic

Group F
Brazil
Japan

Group G
France
South Korea

Group H
Spain
Ukraine

And regarding final bets of my noble predecessors:

Dear Panzerknacker - I wish Argentina the best, still remember second minute of match Argentina - Poland in 1974…
But combination of teams in second round is bad for Argentina… 8)

FW-190 Pilot - Dear General - Germany??? NO WAY!!! Its not the same team, no way!

My bet for final is Japan… They will be in final but I have no clou who will be the second finalist… :smiley:

Cheers,

Lancer44

Dear Panzerknacker - I wish Argentina the best, still remember second minute of match Argentina - Poland in 1974…

:smiley:

Aniway it going to be nice play with Poland and others eupean teams wich not qualificate in the past World cups.

By the way …Germany 3 Colombia 0.
Just a sparring but I have see the german team stronger.

i have to admit i dont have a lot of knowledge on soccer
but why wuldnt germany has the chances?

look at how teams with home advantage, at least in the last two world cup, the home team is able to over-achieve.

have to admit i dont have a lot of knowledge on soccer
but why wuldnt germany has the chances?

Germany had plenty chances, the local thing will help.

Well, we became closer and closer Group A start friday at 16.00 hs (germany) and Argentina plays saturday at 21.00 hs.

How the heck is USA ranked 5? They don’t even know the name of the game(soccer :roll: )!

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/fifa.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is one funny thing in Group A:
both of german leading attackers, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, were born in Poland and they are of Polish descent.
They decided not to communicate in polish during Germany-Poland match, because polish players could overhear them. 8)

How the heck is USA ranked 5? They don’t even know the name of the game(soccer :roll: )!

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/fifa.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

USA 5th and Argentina 9th… :shock: …it it just crazy.

There is one funny thing in Group A:
both of german leading attackers, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, were born in Poland and they are of Polish descent.
They decided not to communicate in polish during Germany-Poland match, because polish players could overhear them.

Watching some reports from the german DW TV network it seems to me that there is a lot of Poles wich are biligual (polish-german) for working reasons…Am I correct ?

US rank five?
thats like North Korea having the finest weapon equipment!

I agree. US - 5th and Argentina 9th is ridiculous! :smiley: Never ever!
The whole ranking is plainly stupid.
Australia is 42nd and Scotland 59th…
Germany 19th and Egypt 17th…

And yes, a lot of Poles are bilingual not only for working reasons but family reasons as well. Large parts of todays Poland were for centuries governed by Austria and Germany. For example Upper Silesia - a lot of people speak German well at home and outside use Polish.
After WWII many families were divided, some members went to American Zone which become FRG and some stayed in Silesia.

Cheers,

Lancer44

I think i get it
amiercan is rank number 5 for most likely to lost

And yes, a lot of Poles are bilingual not only for working reasons but family reasons as well. Large parts of todays Poland were for centuries governed by Austria and Germany. For example Upper Silesia - a lot of people speak German well at home and outside use Polish.
After WWII many families were divided, some members went to American Zone which become FRG and some stayed in Silesia.

Cheers,

All right thanks Lancer. :!:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I laughed that loudly that I spilled coffee on my lap.
This is it.
Thanks FW-190 Pilot - you get it!

Lancer44

Germany 4-Costa Rica 2, fine I was especting that.

Poland 0- Ecuador 2…I espected more from Poland. :roll:

Just like at least 38 milions on this planet :?

Good stuff from trinidad against Sweden though.

Good stuff from trinidad against Sweden though.

I get very boring watching that match :?

Argentina did not completely fullfill my espectatives also.

Here are a couple of teasers,

1. What is the least number of points that you can qualifie from your group with?

2. What is the most points you can get knocked out with?

i could be very wrong, but i still think ice hockey is more entertaining

Thanks, my friend…
Big disappointment.
And I don’t believe in miracles when they will play with Germany…

Lancer44