World Football topic.

Wasnt a bad game, Argentina definitely deserved to win though. We are still the minnows of world football compared to the giant that is Argentina. But hey, we can still reflect in the fact that we helped to spread the game throughout the world.

One things for sure, we Love Diego! The hand of God is probably celebrated more here than it is in Argentina!!!

The concept that somebody born in the isle can love Maradona is still complicated for the argentine average person, but the mullet king is aware of it.

Thats because you think that the UK is one nation, its not! We in Scotland can love the English at the same time as jovially chastising them. Its a complicated thing that basically means that although we are all British, we also like to revel in a national identity.

After all the UK Monarchy is German! How Ironic is that!!!

Aberdeen FC 4:2 Celtic Glasgow
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7832204.stm

I got to say I was absolutely surprised with the Dons’ performance.
I Hope they gonna do that again against Rangers next Saturday. :slight_smile:

Scottish league ? No enough argentines there to make it interesting .

So boring is the Polska football ? :rolleyes:

“Polska football” is very, very interesting but mainly because it so corrupted ;[

Talking of Scottish and Argentinian football. This player was one of my favourites in the early 1990: Carlos Javier Mac Allister:smiley:

“Polska football” is very, very interesting but mainly because it so corrupted ;[

Corrupted ? in wich way ?

Talking of Scottish and Argentinian football. This player was one of my favourites in the early 1990: Carlos Javier Mac Allister:smiley:

Favourite because your never had to play against him, he was nicknamed the “bonebreaker”.

Absolutely. I had my share of football bonebreakers lately…

Just the examples of 2008:
Among 4 candidates for the chairman of Polish Football Association in elections held couple months ago, one was trying to buy/find the “proofs” of criminal activity of other candidates, one is a suspect in investigation of a corruption. After all the third one was elected a chairman - Grzegorz Lato - top scorer at World Cup 1974 in Germany.
Unfortunately, according to the latest press releases, there is a investigation going on focusing on a fact that 3 members of PFA who took part in voting for the chairman, had no right to do that (were not chosen legally to participate in the PFA summit). The Prosecutor’s Office wants to find out who was behind it. Is it a coincidence that they voted for Mr Lato?
The result of the last elections may be declared invalid.

But that is just a tip of the iceberg.
Since 2005 the Prosecutor’s Office investigates a corruption in polish football. Till today about 180 people (refrees, coaches, players, managers, former national team manager, members of PFA board) were arrested and accused of corruption.
And it is not over yet.

The start of the 2008/09 season was postponed for few weeks, because the legal status of few teams from Ekstraklasa (polish premiership) was unclear. Finally, 4 of 16 clubs were relegated from the division as a penalty for the corruption (a previous champion was among them).

So, if you choose to watch the game in polish Ekstraklasa, you cannot be sure if the result of the game had not been decided somewhere else, before the game even started.

But probably I’m nuts, because I can’t wait for the spring round to start… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, that mess remembers me the game fixing in the italian serie B some years ago.

Absolutely. I had my share of football bonebreakers lately…

Was you the breaker or the broken ? :mrgreen:

I was the victim actually. Ay, mi jarrete!:smiley:

Nothing like this I hope. :slight_smile:

No, not that bad. :shock:
Rather like this:
:cry:

Rather like this:

Aghh, ugly fracture, that must involve a long visit to the krankenhaus for sure. The good thing is when you finish the healing process you got several screws for home woodwork.

Believe it or not: surgery on a wednesday morning, released from hospital on friday morning. I was kind of amazed as well.
Actually I consider to leave the screws where they are now (medically unobjectionable) as a physical upgrade.:mrgreen:

Lucky you, and let me say I wouldnt like to have that metal inside of me, but I guess you are wanting to become “stahlmann” or something. :slight_smile:

Some pigeon hunting in Tigre vs San Lorenzo argentine serie A…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCZC-bJJPI

Maradona is wasted !!!

No…no in that way…in this way :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/01/diego-maradona-argentina-bolivia-world-cup-2010-qualifier