WORLD WAR 2 UNIFORMS

after all the really bad things that person did to those poor people i would not even have the nerve to even post such…

Yannie, we have already been all over this topic, Leave Erwin out of it, go and badger IRONMAN.

The first post of Erwin showed NAZI PARTY uniforms. Even the Waffen-SS was the armed wing of the Nazi party after Röhm´s SA was cut down.

The Wehrmacht soldier shown by SAM is a military policeman (Rank of Unteroffizier), wearing the Feldjäger gorget.

The Soviet uniform show a NCO / Officer´s pattern Gymnastiorka used after 1943 (Normal soldier´s tunics didn´t have pockets). The same applies to the shoulder pieces (Pogoni), which denote the rank of a sergeant of a Rifles unit. The helmet is the M40 pot.

Jan

well yannie,i only posted draws,no the real pic of hitler.i wanted to show the uniforms.i dont support the bad actions of hitler and some nazi soldiers.But the uniforms arent guilty.

so,please,leave the topic.

Don’t bother Erwin, there is a certain type of person who exists only to be offended by such silly things as a picture of a Nazi uniform (witness the pathetic furore over Prince harry’s choice of fancy dress). They fail to realize that censoring such things only adds to their mystique.
In Britain all sensible people realised this long ago hence the long tradition of ripping the piss out of Nazis and their symbols that goes right back to the great comic auther P.G. Wodehouse in Code of the Woosters when the hero Bertie lambasts Sir Roderick Spode, leader of the “Blackshorts” (secret Lingerie designer) and thinly disguised Oswald Mosely analogue:

“The trouble with you, Spode, is that because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of halfwits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you’re someone. You hear them shouting, ‘Heil, Spode!’ and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: ‘Look at that frightful ass Spode swanking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?’”

thanks mate.

Recently i made an amazing discovery of a World War Two Russian Captain Parade Uniform at a second hand shop called the “Good Sammys”, It still has all its badges on it and the date of 1945.
The only thing missing is where a hole is indented in the uniform where a large medal would of been.
I brought it for $25 and searched on the internet that night to find one of these it worth hundreds maybe thousands.

From the comfort of wearing and practicality, the standard Russian and the American M43 uniform were probably the best. The British tropical Khaki dresx uniform with the Aertex bush shirts is also quite nice (I like to wear the Aertex shirts with jeans if I’m in a hot climate, I wonder if the cloth is still being manufactured).
The standard German, Italian and British uniforms were made of wool and had the drawback of either being too hot in summer or too cold in winter, though the cut of the British P37 BD is more practical than the German one (the pattern was copied from 1930s skiing clothes). The P44 uniform improved on it in suitability for tropical use by using whatever was proven to be practical from British and American sources.
The Russian uniforms followed the pattern used by Russian farmers and came in two versions: A cotton summer weight uniform and a woolen winter one, plus padded jackets and trousers for winter, to be worn with insulating felt boots. The Russian uniform was perfectly adapted to their own climate (hot summers, cold winters).
While the American uniform of early war (M41 jacket, woolen mustard trousers, ankle boots with the long gaiters) was quite impractical, the M43 uniform, issued from autumn 1944 onwards, became the ancestor of all modern military uniforms.
Concerning load bearing equipment, I would consider the British P37 best and the most versatile.
According to my grandfathers the German equipment, being made of leather suffered from the fact that it had to be kept greased all the time to prevent it from becoming stiff and cracking.
The American system suffered from the impractical M1928 knappsack, which, since it didn’t have any carrying straps, could only be hooked into the cross straps of the web belt. It was also a nightmare to pack and unpack.
The Russians wore everything on the belt (with the exception of a simple rucksack), but the belt didn’t have any shoulder straps to distribute the load.
The italian pattern was probably the worst, having two box like leather ammo pouches right in front of the belly, it must have been painfull to drop on the ground with them.

Jan

wow, nice find!!! post pics of it on my american army uniform thread!

wow, nice find!!! post pics of it on my american army uniform thread![/quote]

Ill post a picture where you said then.