WW2 Rader.

They had a few other big hits, including beating the British and Commonwealth in Malaya and Burma; the Dutch in the NEI; and the Americans in the Philippines.

Along with some lesser hits like beating the Portuguese in Timor and the Australians in various places to our north, along with other excursions like the Aleutians.

And they managed to hang on to most of their conquests for a few years.

Not a bad effort for a country with few natural resources but a lot of spirit.

Really i didt know that.But thank god they only won the battle and not the war.I dont really want to speak japanese;)

It could sneak up on you. :smiley:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyClNEfncg&feature=related

Go Girl Go!

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Waiiner

I love that song, its so catchy:cool:
We better stay on the topic WW2 Radar.

Yeah now youre talking my Language:D
We better stay on the topic WW2 Radar.

The problem is that up to 1941, the Western countries underestimated the Japanese and their willingness to fight (including such gems as “the Japanese soldiers are all shortsighted and don’t know how to shoot”). After 1941, they became for a while supermen from the jungle, but later impressions became more realistic.

Jan

True to some extent, but I think this view might have grown a bit with the passage of time.

Certainly there were plenty of instances of the disdainful “shortsighted little men can’t fight” attitude at various levels of the English-speaking officer corps (what is the plural of corps when I’m referring to the officers corps of several countries?), but it was balanced by more realistic attitudes among other officers. I recall one instance of an English officer lecturing Australian troops to that effect in Malaya shortly before the war started. After he left, an Australian officer of similar rank addressed the troops, commencing with a warning to disregard the bullshit they had just heard and to remember that the Japanese had been fighting a gruelling war in China for years and were competent and experienced troops.

The much, and I think unfairly, maligned Malaya commander, General Percival, had a realistic assessment of their fighting abilities and correctly anticipated their tactical movements, but he was hamstrung in his defence by various political, geographic, tactical, and resource factors not of his making and which he could not correct. Those aspects gave Japan a significant advantage at all stages of the campaign and, most importantly, in the early phases when it was establishing beachheads and driving inland. Without taking anything away from what was a very well planned and executed campaign by the Japanese, they were lucky that Percival was as hamstrung as he was and could not dispose all his forces with a free hand. The Japanese were also lucky that Churchill, with his customary military incompetence in peninsula campaigns spanning two world wars, put Percival in a virtually unwinnable position.

In the early phases of the war, it was Japanese battle hardening which gave them an advantage over green, and often very poorly trained, Allied troops on the ground, plus vastly better air support in Malaya, which was the campaign that really mattered to allow the push into NEI and its oil which was their biggest prize and critical to their ability to continue the war.

Their endless successes certainly gave their ground troops, both IJA and IJN, an air of invincibility until the Australians repelled a SNLF of about brigade strength at Milne Bay in August 1942, closely followed by Australian success in the Kokoda campaign and Australian success with American support at the Gona, Buna and Sanananda beacheads at the end of 1942, and the American success at Guadalcanal soon after.

It is instructive that the Australian successes occurred in large part because our battle hardened units from the Middle East confronted the battle-hardened Japanese and because some officers and NCOs from our Middle East units were transferred to our militia units. Two militia battalions bore the brunt of the Japanese attack in the early phase of the Japanese advance on Kokoda. One performed very poorly, the other splendidly. No prizes for guessing which one was heavily reinforced with battle hardened officers and NCOs and which one wasn’t.

I dont need too research, i just get the information i need of you fellows.:cool:

It does proof that Germany invented the Radar first.
But i think England invented the Radar locating of aircraft first.
I always thought it was a British man last name was Marconi invented radio first in 1900. Radio was named after him-Marconi.But yes Germany did first.
Radar Invention
Go to- Radar and Doppler Radar Invention and history.
I cant give you that address ,it works but it doest take you straight to the point.
I havet work it out yet. This might work- http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blradar.htm

Marconi was an Italian (indeed, he was later an active Fascist). He shared the 1909 Nobel Prize for Physics (awarded for the invention of radio) with Braun.

Hey PDF… He may born in Italy but wast he living in England at the time when he was trying to invent radio. Im not shore.

Where, and who?

Time to throw this guys posts into the dump thread…

I second that…

And did you know that a white man can out sprint a black man:roll:

It is true that some of us might be a bit more educated and it is difficult to “lower standards” when it comes to written communication. Instead of requesting that the standards get lowered, maybe you could just, as you said, relax, and use a dictionary when you read if you don’t quite understand something. If you still don’t understand, you can always ask without immediately thinking that some are out to offend you. Frankly, I don’t even lower my standards when I speak to my children. They’ve learned that if they don’t understand something, they should look it up or ask. It isn’t shameful to ask.