Your Military Experience

the main training is so hard. When you are selected to entry in the infantry school, nothing than learn before in the army is apply in it.
It began with force march on 10 miles the first two weeks, training on explosives, and all the weapon of the army can give you for the mission.
There are light and heavy, knives, and the others can use of the enemy.
The seconds two weeks, you have to reach 15 miles carrying all the pack (15 kg),
and the primary weapon, ammo, sidearm and explosives. Meanwhile in the classroom you learn about the urban warfare, methods to release hostages, camouflage,survivor, techs for ambush, etc.
In the second month, translate to the tropical forest and you got to survive only with your knife, when there are a platoon looking for you. If they found you before of the 3rd day, you got to repeat the training.
In the last two weeks of the second month translate to the patagonia, in winter, with temperatures of -6 C, making the same excercise.
In the thirth month, the training it’s almost unbereable. There are left
the 50% of the soldiers than began, you have to carry al the equipment and always a mate for 20 miles. Specializes in weapon, all kinds, individual, group, antiarmored and artillery.
There’s no day than you don’t have to run about 20 miles in this period,
and translate to the Andes, later to the shore and return to the school, to
calificate.
This training, among with the argentie marines,are the most complete one militarily in the south cone. Several countries come here to traininig your officers.
Once finally you got the graduation and never let repeat at least, half of
that training.
The advantage of our country is the climate variants by sectors.
There are a lots of things than I can’t tell you, but basicly is that.
What Erwin says, the instructors use in the privates.
And we are a brotherhood aroun the world!:arrow:

Nobody have a military experience right now? :arrow:

Well, i’ve been in that fine body of men known as the University Officer Training Corps for three years now. For those of you who don’t know it’s basically a Territorial Army(TA) unit redesigned for students. You do virtually all the same basic training as the TA except NBC training and you can’t be called up to fight abroad, although apparently you can be deployed within UK, apparently a few years ago an UOTC helped out with some flood defences somewhere.

Also i should be a flamin’ officer by now but i f**ked up my ankle this summer and so couldn’t go to TA RMAS grrrrr :evil:

CplCondor wrote

Nobody have a military experience right now?

I am.

Me too!

I will have as of monday morning, whence begins five weeks of sleep deprivation and other nasty things.
On which note I think that this would be a good point to say that I have enjoyed reading this forum very much and that I probably won’t be around very much from now on, although my brother may drop in to observe from time to time.

'Bye.

Blades.

Cheers matey and good luck…

You’ll have the time of your life!
Army is like a summer camp but you get to carry a gun and you can blow some things away too!
You’ll get to meet some of the best friends you’ll ever have.

And you enjoy it or suffered it??? :arrow:

Hmm both…

Good luck, from an Off Cdt at the finest Officer Training College in all Sleaford.

I’ve got almost eight years service in the Royal Corps of Signals, including two years in Northern Ireland and six months in Iraq up to now.

Interesting Irak?

Aye, quite interesting. I was there in the summer, so it was very hot and there was a lot of shooting being done at the time. I was based for a time at one of the little camps in Basra city centre (6 weeks) and my air conditioning failed. No one on the camp could fix it because they didn’t have the same equipment and no one could drive through the city because of the trouble at the time, so I lived in a tent with an average temperature of about 60 degrees Centigrade (140F) for quite a while - I lost about 28 pounds (about 13Kg) in three weeks waiting for it to get fixed :shock: .

Other than that, I worked with the Japanese for a while, which was interesting but rice and fish three times a day to eat got pretty boring after a while and the rest of the time was spent working around the Headquarters in Basra Palace and Basra Airport.

You have the worst work in the world there.
You have to hurry to recover weight.
If you diet is based in meat, that place is not the indicated.
I don’t envi you!!! :arrow:

I had eight years with the other best military in the world. The US Army. Combat Engineer. Had a lot of fun but the only Combat I ever saw was at the NCO club on a Friday night.[/quote]

And who do you think this promising young man might be? :shock:

:? umm, im stumped!

Soo long ago :cry:

Tsolias- I know the feeling :smiley: