0 post members

should the ‘members’ of this forum with 0 post count be de-registered???

Any particular reason?

The only one I can think of is to free up usernames.

well we have more users that join and do nothing than the ones that actually post! :shock:

I agree with that, they can read the boards without joining, so why join to contribute zip!

well we have more users that join and do nothing than the ones that actually post! :shock:[/quote]

If someone with the access privileges is willing to spend the time to delete the accounts, I certainly don’t have any objection to it.

The function that allows you to search for new posts since your last visit is only enabled if you’re logged in. Thus, if anyone wants to check regularly for new stuff without having to trawl through every single forum they have to register, even if they don’t want to contribute anything. Hence, deleting their accounts is dumb IMHO.

Never thought of that, guess Im just dumb then…

Thinking about it, it isn’t obvious if you don’t use the feature, but I use it all the time so it kind of sprang right out at me. So to speak.

No no, I use it too, please do not interupt my banging of the head on the table session…And shouting Dumb at the top of my voice, I think Mrs Firefly thinks Ive finally lost it…

Exactly
If someone wants to visit the site from time to time and just read the posts without replying,its OK by me.

I can’t see any benefit to deleting those accounts with 0 posts

Also who’s going to administer it and how long are you allowed to have 0 posts before your accounts deleted? By requiring posts your encouraging spamming

The admins like FW and Gen.Sandworm. And you can definately tell the difference between an active user and one who isnt.

Yea one that posts and one that doesnt. :lol: Not really. Or not without a butt load of work. So the task would be completly to time consuming.

And you can definately tell the difference between an active user and one who isnt.

Maybe somewith 0 posts use the PM to pass on information or ask from it.
Deleting 0 posters isn’t worth the hassle

well maybe a six month deadline could be installed.
say e.g. Cowmuncher makes 0 posts in 6 months
Calculator makes 3 posts in 6 months

making Cowmuncher one who hasn’t posted he/she’s accounted gets deleted and hey presto you have more space. :slight_smile:

The function that allows you to search for new posts since your last visit is only enabled if you’re logged in. Thus, if anyone wants to check regularly for new stuff without having to trawl through every single forum they have to register, even if they don’t want to contribute anything. Hence, deleting their accounts is dumb IMHO.[/quote]

I cannot agree more with pdf27, I don’t contribute much to this forum but have read through it for months at a time (usually when I’ve got a job where I spend a long time in front of the computer). I’ve followed most of last years topics and tutt-tutted in that great British way at some of the, err, characters in the more contentious topics but haven’t been able to add to them. Either due to the fact I’d lose my job or when at home my partner if I spent as much time as some of you are able to.

This is the first time I’ve looked at the forum in 3 months and it’s taken some catching up over the last couple of days. I think there’s quite a number of people like me who just like to browse the topics, enjoying the good ones (and there are some crackers on here) and laughing at the daft ones but unless I feel the need to comment, like now, stay out of them. Don’t need to increase my posts because the ‘rank’ doesn’t interest me and there’s always someone who will say what I’m thinking anyway.

Does it REALLY take up so much space to keep our silent majority alive? I’m interested and would like to know. I don’t use forums as much as I’d like to but does it matter if you’re on 0, 10 or 10,000 posts?

Leave us alone, we may not post interesting/cr@p posts but we do watch whats going on but most of all we are a part of this forum whether you like it or not. It does matter to us if you make us rejoin everytime we want to browse.

Bully-beefs you :frowning:

Well said mate. I’m sure there is more than enough space on the server for people of your opinions and usage.

Some guys use this forum like an enciclopaedia. They found more
compiled info that another site :arrow:

Well sometimes you can not find more on something on the internet or in books and then you ask someone and sometimes you get more info here. I love to share info here with other people because we all do not know the same stuff.

Henk

well maybe a six month deadline could be installed.
say e.g. Cowmuncher makes 0 posts in 6 months
Calculator makes 3 posts in 6 months

Yes but Calculators post could be pure crap!!!

Quantity doesn’t equal quality.

Every forum has this discussion, and most leave it alone because its to much trouble.