15-cm Panzerwerfer 42 and Half Track rocket carrier.

Not much talked about is the Panzerwerfer 42. It was a exelent design that you normaly hear about but if you see it will be amased. The russians used the Stalin Organ that was a basic US Chev truck that the US gave to the Russians but the Russians used them for a rocket carrier that proved very succesful against the Germans. But the Panzerwafer 42 was actualy the German mobile rocket carrier was a very good idea, if you look at the Russian Chevy Stalin Organ it does not have such good armour as the German Panzerwafer 42 that can follow the tanks any where and support them when ever they need to.

The Germans also made a Rocket that were carried on the sides of a SdKfz 351 or also known as the German Half-Track. The rockets were used were named the Howling Cow or Foot Stuka because of the noise it made when it was fired. They were called the Wurfkoper 28 and 32-cm rockets wich were among the first rockets supplied to the Wehrmacht 1940, and though short ranged were exremely powerful.

Henk

I could imagine the sound :wink:

The Half Track had the rocket named the Howling Cow and not the Panzerwafer 42, if you meant the Half Track I am sorry. The picture is great, I have never seen it before. Thanks. The Howling Cow rocket had a round flat kind of body and at the end it had a pipe like exhouste. If I can find out how to get the pictures on my PC to be able to get them on here I would do it. I have tried the method explaned to me but it does not work and I am stupid with this method. If you give your Email address I will send them to you any time.

Thanks again for the pic.
Henk

but are they accurate? maybe they arent against moving tanks??

You’re welcome!

Meantime, you have a PM.

No, its a rocket artillery, but they mostlikely also destroyed some tanks :smiley:
They had only 1 cm armour, so no big anti tank fighting :?

Well just like the Russians used their Stalin Organ, they used radio reports on where the enemy was and fired in that dirction or from recon aircraft and recon infantry. They were used in the Kursk battle. Like I said before if any of you want pictures I will send you some any time. I got some new pictures. They was pretty accurete if their radio reports were accurate. Against tanks they was pretty weak, but as artillary they were great support.

Henk

Here are some pictures of the Panzerwerfer 42.

Below: you can see the other rocket racks laying against the Panzerwerfer 42.

Henk