1937 Dress Parade for Major General Drum

These are a number of military pieces for a 1937 Dress Parade for a Major General Drum in Hawaii at Schofield. They are from my fathers service from 1937 to 1940 in the 11 F.A. at Schofield.

There will be several postings of these early pieces.

The first photo is Major General Drum, a 3 inch Anti Aircraft Piece, and last two are of a 8 inch mounted on a railcar.

3 Inch Anti Aircraft Gun 1937.jpg

8 Inch Railway Gun 1937 Dress Parade.jpg

8 Inch Railway Gun 1937.jpg

Second group,

Mule unit, 30 Cal. Lewis Machine Gun, 155 Howitzer in Recoil and British 75 M M

30 Cal. Lewis MG 1937.jpg

155 Howitzer Recoil 1937.jpg

3RD 1937 Dress Parade for Major General Drum

French G.P.C. 155 MM,
Newly deliverd tanks for 1937,
Sound Locaters(That is what they are called)
1937 Early Mono Wing Fighter

Shirely Temple actually visited the troops while working in Hawaii at the 11 F.A.

That’s awesome! I can’t believe how clear the pictures are…and how paper flat the land is. Looks like a pool table.

Thank you, but I thank my father he is the one who kept all these things safe for years.

He really enjoyed the military. My father enlisted in the 11 Field Artillery in 1937 and was based at Hawaii. He was discharged in 1940 and enlisted the same day in the same office in the 11 Bombardment Group of the 7 TH Army Air Corp. He was at Hickam when it was bombed on 12/7/1941. After nearly 9 years and many in the Pacific Theater jungles of World War II he got out a month after the war ended.

He told me he did not want his family be subjected to moving all over the globe as some of the married men he knew had been.