1943 dated !!! AIRBORNE HELMET WEBBING STRAPS FOUND in House clearance ???

Gentlemen, and Ladies,

I would like some help as I have just located and obtained, a British Airborne Helmet, with the later webbing straps MK3 version, dated 1943 !! only ever seen 44 or later. Can anyone advise me is this is an extremely early MK3 Airborne Helmet ??

Mark…

Post a picture please. I would like to see that.

Im not sure how to send pictures onto the thread ??

Mark…

I think you have to post few posts before you do that. Repling t me twice should do the trick:D

Hi Major Schmidt…I read the following info from a different thread from administrator…as folows…Hey guys,
Registered users can now post a new threads. Getting waaaay too many complaints and emails from legit users who signed up so they can ask questions.

We’ll see how this goes. If we need to revert it, then we will.
:slight_smile:

Any info on how to post pictures would be appreciated as I’ve had a lot of interest so may pass the helmet on to someone who collects WWII Airborne

Have tried to upload pics on this reply ?

Another inside picture

Just been informed this helmet is a MK2 very early version and has had the Leather straps removed and the new webbing straps fitted. One of the earliest Mk2 webbing variations ever seen !!

I have been able to remove all the post war paint on the helmet to find a beautifull original paintwork, superb helmet. Any info appreciated.