2005 Archive

Any ideas about this, Ive noticed it on a few occassions now, when you go into who is online it shows a guest being able to view the archive room?

Can it be that if you link to an archived thread, you can see that thread?

i dont think so
if its a restricted section, guests cannot see it even he gets the link

Just noticed that myself…I ll see if i can track down the problem. Could be they way we have things set up.

Guys

I finish work tommorow. The rest of my family isnt off until Friday. I was thinking that if we could start the new 2005 Room, I can make significant progress towards moving topics there this week?

I know that any old war room threads wont be going there etc, but is there any other things that shouldnt go.

I know things like Walther War machines are pretty much full of a lot of crap, so do we slim them down by taking out all the insults etc?

Please advise.

Editted to add, I presume we will be locking the topics too?

Any news on this, I have seen 3 over the weekend. Is it possible to follow a link in one thread to read an archive thread?

Lucky you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m not so sure if FW and/or Gen. Sandworm could open a new section. I suppose that ww2admin could do it. Anyway, as Gen. said openly, after New Year will be available the “Archive 2005” section. I suppose that he said that due to this holiday in Ireland (20th of December-4th of January).

As a suggestion, you could start working on threads, in existing archive. Once you finished one, add an - let’s say - A (from archive) on the name of cleaned thread. (Hint: You could add this “A” editing the first post - you will see also the name of the thread while editting).

Edit:

Editted to add, I presume we will be locking the topics too?

Obviously!

2nd edit: Matter of fact, you could lock all the threads in existing archive on single click. Please do it.

I checked without logging-in and for me it was impossible to see or to reach (as a guest) the archive room.

Please check yourself.

I also checked and it was impossible for me as well to access the archive room.

Ok, your both totally right (not that I didnt think otherwise though :lol:).

I’ve tried it several times thru various means. No dice either, still its a puzzler!

Ive just had a look and my powers of moderation dont include the Global Locking option.

Good idea about putting an A in the threads to move though. Also we probably need two archive rooms.

One in the MODs room for 2005 and one everyone can see for 2005.

I know I’m looking ahead here, but it will be much easier to do the same next year if we dont have to trawl through hundreds of archived posts from the previous year.

Oops! I forgot to mention: before using a single click on “lock” button, you have to select all of them (one by one :lol: ).

I tested with first 5-6 threads there.

Nope still cannot select more than 1 thread.