33rd NCB, B-6, CCM H. Emerson Remington

Please help! I have recently come into possession of a photo album by CMM H. Emerson Remington of the 33rd NCB, B-6, during WWII. The album contains developed photographs from Guadalcanal, Green Island and Peleliu. Some of the photographs are rather notable, such as: Jacob Vouza holding a severed Japanese head on Guadalcanal; a combined tank-infantry attack as it moves into the Horseshoe in the Umurbrogol; aftermath photos of the unsuccessful Japanese light tank attack across the airfield on Peleliu; and many photos of the initial landings on Peleliu. I am attempting to validate the authenticity of these photographs, discover the history behind them and preserve them for future generations. I purchased the 33rd NCB cruise book and have confirmed that Mr. Remington was indeed deployed with the unit during WWII, but as yet have been unable to glean any further details. If anyone could provide information regarding CMM Remington and the 33rd NCB, I would be eternally grateful.

Tobarvan - Send me an e-mail Jonathon17pim@aol.com

I can definitely help.

Some of those photo’s were probably published by the U.S. military at the time. They were taken and made available to the troops. My Dad has some that he got from official sources. Any chance you could post some of them for us to see?

Hi Tobarvan,

I have been researching the 33rd NCB and noticed from your posting that you have a copy of their cruise book. I am unfamiliar with the publication but I assume it has lists of names of members of the unit. I know the 33rd arrived in New Zealand on 30 Nov 1943 for R&R and am looking for a man named Harold or Harry Preston. His nickname was Hap. I would be grateful if you could find a moment to do a lookup for me.