.55 cal Boys rifle.

I am looking for any information concerning the Boys Rifle Paratrooper version, I know of the Mk.I, Mk.I*, and the Mk.II. tho I have found no pic of the Para version, or really any info. This version is said to have no muzzle brake, and a shorter barrel (a recipe for a broken shoulder if you ask me,) Any info is appreciated, Thanks.

I was looking for a picture but found nothing, I think the paras variant had a muzzle brake, not the round variant though.

thanks my friend, There was a fellow building an air-soft version of the Boys, and he wanted it in this Para configuration,which according to him had no muzzle brake. I couldnt find anything out about it. The Mk. II has a shorter barrel, but retains the harmonica muzzle brake used by the Mk.I* it was found that the round brake of the Mk.I caused a dust cloud, and gave away the shooter’s position.A pic of the finished rifle is attached. Not bad work.

TG, there appears to be a misapprehension, here.
According to Purnell’s authors J. B. King and Ian V. Hogg, the MkII Boys was evolved for the paratroopers and issued to them, initially at their request. Hence, it would seem logically sound to conclude that the MKII is the “Paratrooper version”.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Uyraell.