88 ammo colors

Hello,

After unsuccessfull searchs on the net, I hope someone can help me here…

I’m searching the colors of differents 88 ammo using on the tiger, for completing a modelscale…

finding the information…

If someone is intersting : http://www.tigertank-h-e-181.com/15_%20Technical_Information_.htm

You know I searched for that the other day for about 1/2 hour. Good find and interesting information.

Do you make many models then?

I don’t understand the question, the color the round is painted?, or the color that the tanks are painted?

Not the tank but the shell.

Im not quite sure but i think one of them is Black/brown/reddy brown

not too sure.

hope it helps!

whats the point of even painting the shell, unless theres a stockpile of them somewhere and they need to be camoflauged

Painting them makes them readily identifiable of course?

Please crack on and explain it Firefly, since I saw that at 19:05 hrs I’ve been pounding my head into the computer.

Please crack on and explain it Firefly, since I saw that at 19:05 hrs I’ve been pounding my head into the computer.[/quote]

I think he means, each type of shell (A.P, HiEX ect ect) was assigned a different colour, to make selecting the right type easier

Please crack on and explain it Firefly, since I saw that at 19:05 hrs I’ve been pounding my head into the computer.[/quote]

I think he means, each type of shell (A.P, HiEX ect ect) was assigned a different colour, to make selecting the right type easier[/quote]

Thats strange Cuts?

I thought you said you were once in the military and you dont know about painting ammunition to easily tell its type?

Very interesting, well this may help you out:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/556.htm

Note: I deleted my post above this one which simply said, ever fired a rifle and that cuts knew exactly what I meant. It was supposed to be part of this post.

I did mate. :wink:

I saw a picture of one once.

Of course i really didn’t think that through :roll: