A Naval P-47?

Looking for naval fighters on the web I found this article with pictures of Republic P-47 Thunderbolts embarked on aircraft carriers. There was a naval version of this plane? The report and photos, never seen by me before, can be viewed at the link below:

Link deleted. Another stupid thread by Caveman Lawyer…The P-47’s were obviously painted in a USAAF color scheme and only a complete idiot, or disingenuous liar, owning an aviation site wouldn’t know that…

Here is a related thread. The P-47’s were being ferried to either the Philippines or possibly Europe. Some were actually launched in or near Manila Bay:

No. Again like the P-40’s you asked about, these were USAAF aircraft being ferried or delivered somewhere, probably North Africa…

Only about the fourth time around for this exact same click-bait.

Yeah, it’s getting a bit tiresome. I think this poster knows the answers to the questions he asks and is sort of drumming up interest for their site. It’s been tolerated so far because there is some value to his or her site and there are some quality pic’s of interest. However, they are getting narrowly close to being a commercial spammer…

the more clicks he gets, the more his advertisers pay him. You can find him in various personas, claiming posting origins across the world, on about 30 different WWII/Aviation forum boards. Every one gets the same message every time, about every 10 days or so . . . and, yes, tiresomely recycled. The method is obvious as you’ve probably noticed he never responds, even when by some miracle his posting generates a multi-response thread . . . he could not care less. I’ve only seen him kicked off one forum and that was after his first post there . . . the mods would have none of that nonsense.

Thanks for that.

Now I understand why he never responds.

Time for mods to have a look at it.

I reported him to an anti-spam service, so hopefully he’ll be blacklisted more…