A naval version for Warhawk?

I share with you some pictures of fighters Curtiss P-40 operating aboard aircraft carriers or on the flight deck. Some questions for aviation and history enthusiasts of WW2. There was a naval version of the P-40? Which countries have used during the war and which Operating Theatres? To view photos visit the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/curtiss-p-40-em-porta-avioes.html

Best Regards.

They were U.S. Army Air Forces operating from carriers to cover during the North Africa Operation Torch invasion…

I’m unsure of what modifications were made for the naval environment they were operating in. But I’m pretty sure the idea was to use the carriers as transport for them to captured French and German aerodromes in North Africa once the Allies advanced…

They were ferried to North Africa on some carriers. As far as I know they only were launched off the carriers and then landed in North Africa and stayed there to fight. I am not aware of any P-40’s ever landing on a carrier. Ron

Sounds right. Landing gear would have to be significantly strenghtened to land on a carrier where landing were very tough on planes.