A perfect valentines present for any man.

Any goodly wife, would wish to please her hard working, long suffering husband on St. Valentine’s day, and what better way to do that than by letting him unwrap this little number…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170444807417&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

62 thousands, not really expensive isnt ?

Naw, I at least want the A3. :slight_smile:

I don’t know, Nick, this beasty might do well enough, after all, I recall from your “Matilda Frog” post you wanted a vehicle to clear the traffic… and this beasty would assuredly succeed in that task. :army: :evil: :smiley: :mrgreen:

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

The listing may be wrong, the 60-A2,and 60-A1-E2 came out in 74, so I’m guessing it may be a later mark. The price may go pretty high, I’m watching it on ebay. 100K sounds more like it… PK it would be worth moving here to get one of these fine beasts…it gets 1.1 miles per gallon on the highway.

Then again, TG, given the trouble the A2 series had, I’m uncertain I’d want one of those. :mrgreen:

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

But there’s no flamethrower option from the dealer. :frowning:

Perhaps I could have one installed aftermarket?

Earl Scheibe $39.95, any flame thrower, any tank…

The M-60-A2 was not the gun launcher version, even though it was called that. Original nomenclature was M-60 A1-E2.(memory is uncertain) The A2 we had was similar to the A1 only with a stabilized gun.Oddly enough, the bosses had these disconnected so they wouldnt give those crews an advantage on the gunnery ranges during qualification. The stabilized marks were just showing up when I left the line for more interesting work, so any shuffling of numbers happened after.
We on the line, had thought the “Starship” version to be a good idea, except for the fact that the gun/launcher took its sweet time in being ready for the next shot. Not a good thing when facing 3to1 odds.

I suspect the goodly wife might object in somewhat strenuous terms when the Garage for the vehicle was built, and proved to be as big or bigger than the main house.

Said wife might also become nervous at the words: “Put your mom in the deckchair on the back lawn, I’m just going for a drive…”

:mrgreen:

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

Thank you for the correct info, TG my friend, my reference book doesn’t detail that as you have.
The “Starship” version though, was always going to be a problem, as I understand it. Philco-Ford et-al were way overbudget and way behind performance and delivery dates, hence the gun-launcher “A2” in the first place, because of the ongoing MBT70 debacle, a story that is a complete thread on its’ own, and one I’d be interested to see.
IIRC, the gun-launcher (by then named “Shilleagh” as I seem to recall) emerges in somewhat working form in the M155 Sheridan LARV, though even then was not up to the original specifications.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards TG, Uyraell.

:mrgreen:
Man . . . give me the cash and I’ll b-u-i-l-d you the FlameThrower and install it.

It wouldn’t be a difficult task, with modern materials. :smiley:

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

Wow, Fredericksburg TX is an hour drive from where I live, too bad I don’t have that kind of cash laying around. :wink:

Oooh, the MBT-70 program was something of a mess, but it is indeed for another thread. The Shillelagh, was the missile fired by the 152mm Gun/Launcher , it also fired combustible cased conventional rounds, which were one sticking point of the system, after firing, the chamber, and bore had to be cleared of any smoldering bits, or they might set off the next round as it was loaded. There was a scavenging feature that would clear the gun, but the crew had to wait for a light to signal ready to load. The missile itself was an I.R. guided munition with a range in the 2+ kilometer range.

Reserve is not met…it’s $75k now.

That might be a bit of an understatement. :mrgreen:

I think when both (West) German and U.S. engineers got together, they realized the Germans were using metric as a standard for parts measurement and the U.S. ones were using standard (English) measurements…

I guess the MBT stood for "Mostly Bollux (ed) Technology.:wink: I know that it might have been a good idea but for such misdirections, and the U.S. dislike for having a foreign made driveline in the thing…It was okay when we put Merlins in the P-51, and now install Rhinemettal mainguns in the Abrams, which tank is said to be partly, or not so partly based on the development of the MBT project. The Company I worked for did development, and testing on the MBT-70, having one on site in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Not sure what the actual work was, as I was banging around in an M-60 (equipped with the English L-7 105 mm rifle) in Europe at the time.

All such misgivings of the Goodly wife are anticipated, the large garage would include a small living space for the devoted, and long suffering husband, complete with strategic levels of storage for salty snacks, and beer.:smiley:

As I understand it, when MBT70 was finally canned, Congress handed out a GAO spec for a vehicle at 1/3 the projected per-unit cost of an MBT70. Enter, stage left, the XM70, an “austere” version of MBT70, which was also rejected, but which led (allegedly directly) to the XM1, which is where the Abram’s enters from stage right.
That’s about as close a recall as I have, currently.

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

The suspense builds,the tension mounts, its up to $80,100.00 with 9 bids… I cant see it going for less than 100K, though it is worth far more if its as advertised.