A problem with Sudden Strike 2

Hi ! :slight_smile:

I have a problem, and if someone could help me, I would be very happy !
On my old computer, an AMD 1600, I could play SS 2.
But this year, i bought a new computer, an AMD 3000+, video card : PCX Leadtek LKPX 6600 GTTDH and 512 MB RAM. I have also installed WinFast 3D.

And there is a problemā€¦:frowning:

When i launch the SS 2, it appears a black screen and only the cursor, no background music; and itā€™s not responding, the cursor being blocked. After 5 seconds, it quits, and the error is n2cad1024.dll .

I tried a lot of thingsā€¦ :confused:

Finally, I disabled the WinFast 3D. And a change occured, which made me more optimistic ! When I launched the SS 2 again, it appered a black screen again, but I could hear the background music. I couldnā€™t see the cursor, but I knew that it was moving across the menu, because I could hear when it hit an option (like Single Player, Ratings, Options, ā€¦). Also, if i pressed ESC, and then left arrow and ENTER, the game closed. So the game responses to my commands !

But I canā€™t see the menu; all that I can see is a black screenā€¦

And so my optimism reduced to 0 again.

I hope someone on this forum can help me, offer me a suggestion or an adviceā€¦

Because the World War II is my hobby, I wish to play this game again !
The Sudden Strike is really the most realistic strategy game I have ever played !

PS : A happy new year ! :smiley:

Firstly install the lates version of Direct9.0. I had the simuar problems with ā€œFaces of Warā€ while not installed the latest Direct
Cheers.

I have DirectX 9.

Check the date of release your Direct. You need the LATEST version.

I have the same problem!:frowning:
Ive donloaded the latest version of directx but it continues to crash. Is this a confict with the newest graphic cards?:neutral:
Thanks.:wink:

Ive played SS2 and not sure what your problem is. Ive ran it on less than what you have and it was fine. Just a wild guess maybe your overshooting the graphics. I honestly dont know but you computer from what youve show should run it. Its not that taxing by todayā€™s standards.

Thanks, ive solve the problem. :slight_smile:
Now i have a new question. I supose you know the ā€œunsueā€?
That file that can extract the .sue filesā€¦
I can extract them, edit them (with the DescrEdit) but i cant save them back to the original .sue files :frowning:
Some help?
Thanks

Pleas , tell me how did u do to solve the problem of the black screen. I still have the same problem for long time now, exactly the same probleme, so if u can tell me how to doā€¦ thx

Hi,

i am new in this forum.
I have a problem with Sudden Strike 2.
I play it under Windows XP, usually using the multiswitcher. I can play the game, but I receive an error message when I try to save the game. I can still continue playing just without being able to save the game. All game requirements are exceeded by my computer.
I previously played it under Windows 2000 on a different PC and everything was working correctly. So, I guess, I has to do with XP.
I am grateful for any hints.
thanks

Monash

Well, according to Wikiā€¦

Sudden Strike 2 has several issues on Windows XP and will not run in a normal configuration

Quite a lot of older games have this problem - Max Payne is another example.