A QUICK QUIZ - WW2

It came to me :idea: when talking to Crab that it may be fun to have a quiz. :smiley:

10 points for a right answer. If you get it right you can post a question. :twisted: Subject must be WW2 39 - 45 and try to refrain from how many rivets were used on HMS Hood.

British and allied troops coloured everything Khaki brown as camouflage. They even had khaki toilet roles.

True or false :?:
[/b]

True

well done
your go

Ok, who Commanded RAF Fighter Command’s 11 Group during the Battle of Britain?

Lee Mallory

Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding, or i could look it up in the BofB site and get it right.

edited because i did not read the question :oops:

Park.

Festasmus has it

Festamus, look forward to read your question! :smiley:

Sorry this has taken a bit long:

Something with an American flavour this time I think. But staying with Air Force leaders.

The USAAF 8th Air Force had a Bomber Command and a Fighter Command.

Who was “Bomber” Harris’ 8th AF opposite number, leading the 8th AF’s Bomber Command?

EDIT: upon arrival in England in 1942.

Park :smiley:

General Spaatz ???

Close… but no cigar. At the time, I believe Spaatz would have been in chagne of 8th AF in it’s entirety. I’ll give you a further clue - when Spaatz moved upstairs, the man in the question did take over Spaatz’s job in charge of 8th AF.

EDIT and he and Spaatz went waaaaaaay back.

Ira Eaker? or Jimmy Doolittle?
(ok, I’m kind of cheating with two bites of the cherry…is either one right? ) :slight_smile:

Well if its just one then ill go with Ira Eaker

I think Gen. Sandworm has to get that one because your last guess was Jimmy Doolittle, not Ira Eaker. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gen. Sandworm - over to you!

Fair comment :slight_smile:

Since im going to Norway…a Norwegian Question.

What was the name of the German Heavy Cruiser sunk by the Norwegians in the Oslofjord 9 April 1940?

The BlĂźcher?