A rash of new spammers

I have been processing a large number of spammers/spambots all using a similar Email address. prefixed by “fixmycheck” suffixed by various nonsense words, and all from Yahoo.co.uk. I have probably nailed around 25 of them today alone. Anyone else been seeing this? Someone is rather Tumescent for the site.

Let me do a a few checks…potentially install a new version if there is one.
Can you post a few links to their posts?

As I mentioned elsewhere, a lot of them make through the anti spam web lately…

Their posts are usually obliterated by us.

That is so, This particular bunch started up some time back, just the odd exploitation, but its been getting more, and more frequent. Yesterday they were very busy, I would bang up several, and find a few more “Fixmycheck” brats trying again. This went on for about 30 minutes last night. I can post some email addresses, if that’d help, but thats about it.

What’s interesting is that some spammer ID’s are coming back even though they’ve long been banned. One right now is “activating registration” even though they registered originally in March of 2011:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?15035-Fuffadderie

Here is one email addy from a fixmycheck bozo.

fixmycheck-tana@yahoo.co.uk

And another.

fixmycheck-tiostar@yahoo.co.uk

You can’t use “fixmycheck” in the email address anymore, but do they actually post?

Its been awhile since they began,I personally do not remember the original reason I started to ban them, be it a bot , or actual spam in comment or profile. After a bit I just kept nailing them as I found them. Its obvious whoever they are, they are up to no good for the site.

This fellow signed up today, I found this at 3pm EST. 10-09-2012

camrafesce

fixmycheck-toqua@yahoo.co.uk

Yeah, I’ve banned a couple today…

A short tutorial about the object of our work.

And if the filters do not catch everything, some of this may help.

troll-spray.jpg

Technically, they’re not really trolls. We haven’t had a good troll since that psycho from the Polish side the German Polish border kept on with the hate posts of every nation except for poor, poor Poland. They’re basically commercial spammers mostly from China…c

There is obviously no way to keep all idiots away…always a cat and mouse game.

Well, it was only a joke, couldn’t find any spam-away spray pics. Gotta work with what I can find. :wink:

At 6:00am (EST) this morning, spammers had a mass posting party going on. All threads (and one post) were moderated however and invisible to ordinary users. I deleted everything and reported the spam, a good seven or eight threads of it…

The Fixmycheck bunch are now using rutminecom as their email addresses, and are now showing up in numbers equal to the previous incarnation. These are two that I happened across just now. 11:44 EST.

destvacomria, = rutminecom-inpkt@yahoo.co.uk

borgocorie= rutminecom-booyk@yahoo.co.uk

The rutminecom/fixmycheck folks are rally showing up in number, and many of them show as viewing this member profile. Not sure of what interest it is to these folks, but if it could be removed it may slow them down:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?24441-kanarmiwhirl

This seems to be the new, vogue spammer email: mailnetbizonline-abbertingback@yahoo.co.uk

The mailBiz guys were busy last night, about 20 or so attempts. there is another new one, Ringjam@ new purse got about 5 of them yesterday, and today (so far)

ringjam243@new-purse.com

ringjam268@new-purse.com