A wild bill story

first of all im not sure if im in the right forum but here we go

i have been clanning in the COD series for a while now and one of the guys who was in my clan actually met “Wild Bill”, he was at a WW2 rememberance ceremony in balimore and ran into this guy who had no leg and lots of medals and 101stAB patches on this WW2 jacket… they started talking and after about 20 minutes this guy just says

“do you have any clue who i am”

while it turns out this was Wild Bill and he was at this memorial to remember his fallen brethern

im not totally sure that this is real but i trust the guy who told it to me

“Wild Bill?” As in the guy in my avatar? “Wild Bill” Donovan, the Director of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the first version of the CIA?

I think he may have been telling you a tall-tale, or perhaps it was another Wild Bill…

Oh shit! It was Bill Guarnere of Co. E, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne?

Bill Guarnere of Co. E, 506th parachute Infantry, 101st Airborne

http://wildbillguarnere.com/

Guarnere portrayed in Band of Brothers…

eve_bob_2002_don_2.jpg

yes that wild bill get the “had 1 leg point”

Wild Bill Guarnere from Easy Company lost his bro in the Monte Cassino then he went into action in Normandy as a paratrooper he also took place in destroying 4 88s in Breacourt,he led a squad through Carentan,helped Lt. Buck Compton escape Holland because he was shot,and he fought in the Battle of the Bulge thats how he lost his leg he was hit by a mortar or something thats when he was pulled of the line.