access to picture section

Hi,

Do you guys want to be able to moderate the photo section or not?
Let me know. Either is fine for me.

It would probably be a good thing for it to be properly moderated, and we have had comments in the past about members banned from here causing trouble over there. However, quite frankly I’d be perfectly happy to go without the extra work!

Possibly, if we can bring in about three more moderators.

Personally, I spend very little time in the photo section. Although, they are impressive and I’ve viewed them occasionally.

Moderator suggestions:

Rising Sun (Australia) would be alright with me, if he would accept the position.

Egorka (Russia) would also make a good mod if he accepts.

Some others to consider for Moderators:

1. Tankgeezer (USA), former tanker - U.S. Army

2. Namvet (USA), former officer - U.S. Navy

3. 32Bravo (UK), former sniper - British Army

4. OLD RSM (Canada), former NCO, Canadian Army

They are older fellows, level headed, mature and military veterans. The first three seem to be around most of the time, OLD RSM less frequently posts. I am sure that any of them would make a great mod.

Id go with the new mods idea, I occasionaly look thru the photo section and get surprised by some of the discussions which i would lie to delete etc…

alright. let’s go with the new mod idea. ideally they should be in different time zones. should I go ahead and contact Rising Sun (Australia) and Egorka (Russia)?

I’m pretty sure Egorka is in Denmark, even though he’s a Russian!

Its your site mate, you make the decisions that you think are right for it.

However Id say go for it. if it doesnt work out, you can always make a new choice.

one last question. they’d just administer the images, not the forum, right?

Ah, I think we were talking about forum too. I think we should see how they would do with everything, but let them know they are Probationary Mods.

Agreed - add them to the general mod pool, and then give all mods access to the photo forum as well. That’ll reduce the workload compared to two different sets of mods for two forums.