Aesthetic changes coming to this forum

I found out a way to have a unique icon represent each forum category and I’ll be implementing that shortly. Also, some other changes are coming to the forum that I think you all will like.

I also just widened the forum a bit so we can don’t have to keep scrolling across the window in order to view large photos, etc.

Sounds Great thanks for the update :smiley:

Fun, cant wait for the update Admin :wink:

Looking forward to the upadate, this is already a great looking forum and any changes can only make it better still I think.

great!,thanks for your help here sir. :smiley:

It all looks very nice, but I can’t see a difference between the symbols for a forum with new posts and the symbol for one without.

Is this just me?

No I think he is still working on it. I sent him a email about it. For the mean time youll just have to watch dates and times to click on the forum. The little flashy things is still there.

I dont have your problem, If you look to the furthest left corner and see the soldier lit up then there is new posts, and if theyre darkened out, there are none. Or you could just hit the Posts since last visit hyperlink at the top right of the screen and that will tell you everything that happened since you last checked in :wink:

I dont have your problem, If you look to the furthest left corner and see the soldier lit up then there is new posts, and if theyre darkened out, there are none. Or you could just hit the Posts since last visit hyperlink at the top right of the screen and that will tell you everything that happened since you last checked in :wink:[/quote]

Hi, actually, you are seeing an old version of the forum. This happens when you do not clear your cache in INTERNET OPTIONS of your browser. So, try doing this: hold down left SHIFT and press F5 at the same time. That should clear the “cache” of your browser and you’ll see the new forum icons.

Let us know if it works.

Thank you sir! Nice changing!

Good Job my general,thanks!

Much better, with the old system I often had trouble telling whether there were new posts or not. This is great, looking really good.

Well done

Thanksk folks, but it’s not done yet. I run two other WWII boards and I am going to merge all that into this one. I’m also working with some people involved in the upcoming FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS and HBO’s new BAND OF BROTHERS: PACIFIC films and we are trying to setup a system here for that as well.

Stay tuned.

of course sir,i will do!

You mean this one: http://www.the-pacific-war.com/phpBB2/?

I think that would be a really good guess. Not exactly sure how he will pull that one off.