After looking at volumes of books, photos and reading sworn testimonies of

[b]After looking at volumes of books, photos and reading sworn testimonies of former POWs of the Japanese from all nations, civilian and military it makes one sick to read the denials from and by the Japanese Authorities.

It reminds me of the fairy tale where the King was told his suit was magic and beautiful however he could not see it, did not exist and never did. His subjects lied to him and told him he looked great.

The Japanese have a decades long denial of truth, honestly and not taking the blame for what they entire world knows they did.

It is like they believe they were angels, wearing wonderful suits of truth and honestly when in fact the world sees through them and their lies, denials, and BS.

WAKE UP JAPAN THE TRUTH IS OUT, THE WORLD KNOWS YOU WERE ANIMALS AND MURDERS OF ALL THE HUMANITIES IN THE PACIFIC. [/b]

I agree entirely, with two qualifications.

1. The denial is not by the Japanese people as a whole but by the rightist political and industrial / commercial successors to the same nationalist / racial supremacist ideas which took Japan into China and into WWII, and who have controlled Japan for most of the post war period, and who devised the educational system which misled Japanese in later generations about what really happened.

2. This would not have happened but for (a) MacArthur as a supposed Japanese culture expert, presumably based upon a few years in the Philippines before the Pacific War, going soft on the Emperor, along with the Allies in securing a surrender, and (b) America and Britain from the late 1940s going soft on prosecuting Japanese war criminals and crimes against humanity criminals in preference for using the same rightist political and industrial / commercial successors to aid the West’s opposition to Chinese and Soviet communism.

The fault is as much with the Allies’ dealing with Japan after WWII, where Japan got off lightly compared with Germany where all elements of the previous Nazi regime were eliminated from public life (but not necessarily from Gehlen and other things of use to the post-war Allies), as it is with anything inherent in the rightist elements in Japan which have been consistently supported by the West from the late 1940s so that significant elements of the old regime continued after the war and passed their arrogant culture of denial on to later generations through their educational and political systems.

Against that, there were and are many Japanese who have attempted with considerable courage and tenacity to oppose that regime, but who generally were outgunned by the dominant political and social successors to the China / Pacific War proponents and, nowadays, defenders of those adventures.

Edit: The Japanese military forces in China and the Pacific War were generally brutal, bestial, and primitive by Western standards, but Western troops often managed to behave in kind in isolated rather than, as with the Japanese, systemic instances. The worst treatment of Allied POWs was often handed out by Koreans, who were at the bottom of a brutal, bestial and primitive system run by the Japanese as colonial masters and exploiters of Korea.

Against that, there were numerous if fairly rare instances of kindness and humanity by the Japanese and Koreans, and more so by Japanese civilians towards Allied POWs held and worked in Japan.

Be that as it may, the Japanese and Koreans generally behaved as a bunch of depraved ****s towards Allied troops (as they did towards civilians and in particular Chinese civilians outside China), and in battle and immediate after battle conduct reaped what they sowed.

…but Western troops often managed to behave in kind in isolated rather than, as with the Japanese, systemic instances.

I don’t know exactly how far the list should go beyond “western troops,” but the Chinese forces were also noted especially for it. Japanese really did not want to be taken prisoner by the Chinese. You do have to wonder what the thinking was of those who started behavior that could only rebound on themselves.

Regardless, I suspect it will take considerably more than saying “WAKE UP” for people to respond. Perhaps it is a start – but will things really be different in the next war?

WAKE UP JAPAN THE TRUTH IS OUT, THE WORLD KNOWS YOU WERE ANIMALS AND MURDERS OF ALL THE HUMANITIES IN THE PACIFIC.

I think the whole civilised word, know the truth of the atrocious treatment of prisoners the Japanese dealt out to military and civilians, but you can,t blame the Japanese people of today, like you can’t blame Germany people of today, for Nazi’ism and their atrocious treatment of military and civilians.

Chunky – it is not a question of “blaming” today’s population. It is question of either accepting or denying history. To put just a modest twist on the old adage, those who deny history are prime candidates for repeating it.

photos and reading sworn testimonies of former POWs of the Japanese from all nations, civilian and military it makes one sick to read the denials from and by the Japanese Authorities.

Chunky – it is not a question of “blaming” today’s population. It is question of either accepting or denying history. To put just a modest twist on the old adage, those who deny history are prime candidates for repeating it.

Ardee, I’m replying to the first post by PA.Dutchman, as for history, its the past, as for the future, who know’s

Chunky, admin note to aid future posts.

To quote a previous post, just click on ‘Reply with quote’ at bottom right of the post.

You can delete the bits you don’t want to respond to with the delete button.

If you want to break it up into separate sections for your replies, copy the opening bit in square brackets, e.g.

[quote=“Chunky,post:6,topic:7409”]
and paste it in front of the next bit of quote.

To end a quote, use square brackets around /quote. I’m not doing it here because it will just make the bits between [QUOTE=Chunky;190870] and a square bracket / quote into a highlighted quote.

It helps others to work out what you’re quoting and what you’re saying in response.

Here is what happens if I use square brackets around /quote following [QUOTE=Chunky;190870]

Thank you Rising Sun, will try next time.

Originally Posted by Chunky
…as for history, its the past, as for the future, who know’s

Or, as has been suggested, is the past merely prelude? :wink: Enjoy!

When you get time post this to your desk top and then read it from time to time.

http://home.comcast.net/~winjerd/Page01.htm#Index

IT COVERS THE DISSECTIONS OF ONE OF THE LAST B-29 CREWS SHOT DOWN OVER JAPAN and ONE POW camp of Japan. THEY WERE DISSECTED LIKE FROGS IN SCIENCE CLASS ALIVE AND AWAKE. The Japanese amputated limbs off the B-29 crew members, removed livers and had them for breakfast. This was kept even from the families of the B-29 crew and they were not the only American and Allied service personnel carved up alive and awake.

I read one article at a time they have testimonies of POWS and others who some how lived through the Hell of a Japanese POW camp system.

This post, is about denial of what did happen, and not about what did happen. I think anyone interested in WW2 History, will know the atrocities the Jap’s dealt out to their prisoners.

[b]Dear Chucky,

You are right and I have said enough and as you stated there is no doubt that these things happened, it is the continual denial of Japan’s government to take responsibility.

I have a friend who survived the war in the Pacific, he is the last of a number of friends and realizes his time is coming to an end as well.

It troubles me that even our own leaders have not called Japan to account for the many POWs used as slave labor in Japan who all will soon be gone as well.

We had a German POW speak at our WORLD WAR TWO ROUND TABLE, he said they were amazed as POWs they could earn a small wage working on American Farms during his time here as a POW.

He told us how many German’s wanted to relocate to this wonderful country that treated them so fair and decent as POWs including himself as soon as he could return.[/b]

Hi PA.Dutchman

You must be very proud to have a Friend, who survived War in the Pacific, I have respect and admiration for his generation, next time you see him, please say a Thank You from me. I will be at my RBL Branch tonight, I’m hoping Ron will be there, he’s 95, Ex Artillery, and I’m proud of him, he don’t always turn up now has he did, a couple of years ago, at the Armed Forces Day, there was a R.A,F flypast, and other events, the others we were with, went off to have a look round, we had a good drink together, “Great Day”. You saying about your German POW, it must be over a month now, I took my car for a M.O.T, when I went to pick it up, I was chatting to one of the mechanics working there, he told me his Father was a German parachutist captured by the American in St Lo, taken to America where he was put on cotton picking, after the War came to Britain, where he got married, passed a away now.

(Sometimes I think though, what would have happened if they had come here has victor’s).