Aircraft Q & A (medium level)

This topic is intended to deal with questions related to aviation and all its accesories in the period of time between 1918-45.

The mechanic of this topic will be as follows:

I will be the only to post the questions, I will keep the score of the members for a future ( if the administrators allowed me ) premiation.

Wich aircraft ?

All right, a little help, russian.

Yak-11

Correct, that will made 2 points. :cool:

next one.

spitfire.jpg

is it a P-47 Thunderbolt?

P-47 ? :shock:

With that inline engine ? Dont think so. It is US made however.

my bad, anyway you know its US because of the Star symbol on the wings I was thinking of another plane but couldnt think of it, is it on a aircraft carrier

One of the P-40’s

P-39?

Clue, experimental.

North American Aviation XP-51 Mustang.

Im going with pdf on this one…looks like an experimental P-51. Which might have just been called the X-51

Sorry guys but you are missing the shots…i ll give some more hours and if nodody reply correctly I post another.

An american version of a JU-87?

XP-72 Super Thunderbolt?

Hmmm… very, very similar to the XP-51, but the nose is a bit wrong…

xp51.jpg

Got it! Curtiss XP-46

Very good PDF. Next:Wich type of axis fighter was the first to destroy a B-17 bomber in ww2 ?.
a) Bf-109.
b) Ki-45 Toryu.
c) A6M cero.
d) Nakajima KI-43 oscar.
E) BF-110.

Well, the first B-17 destroyed actually made it back to base but disintegrated.So not technically shot down. That was one of the B17 acquired by the RAF - AN523 (42-2055) which was damaged by enemy aircraft over Brest 16 August 1941.

However, the first ones actually shotdown was AN525 and AN533 which were shot down by Bf 109s near Kristiansand, Norway 8th September 1941. They were both from 90 Squadron