All-nighter

Just opening my first bottle of ale for the evening and settling down to watch the election results as they begin to role in a few hours from now.

This’ll be interesting… And not so much in the fun way.

You’ll need lots more ale :slight_smile:

More’s on the way,could be a long night.

I know, I ran out at about 5a.m. However, it seems TG has the situation sorted. Meanwhile I’m drinking red wine!

HERSELF was disgusted by the television coverage of the British General Election, as far as it was available to us. The version of Ulster Television now available in the Republic (a version misguidedly “adapted” to what the ITV network imagined as southern Irish taste) ignored it (!); BBC Northern Ireland and RTE kept focusing on the Northern Ireland seats (in which most southerners have little or no interest). And the slowly deteriorating Channel 4 was showing an “alternative” humorous version of election coverage which she described as “puerile”. In the end, she went to bed with the radio and listened to the BBC Radio 4 coverage (always a quality product) which was being rebroadcast by RTE Radio.

I woke up at about 4.00 a.m. to discover that, contrary to all expectation, David Cameron could cancel the removals van, as the Tories seemed headed for a very clear plurality of seats, possibly an absolute (if tiny) majority.

This unexpected result certainly throws up interesting possibilities … not necessarily pleasant …

Hot off the press - Nigel Farage has failed to take a seat for UKIP ! There may be a God, after all … Yours from the Land of Hopeless Tory, JR.

An interesting result. So much for the polls. Not much is going to change in the near future. Perhaps I’ll have some rum now.