Amazon Links

Hi,

While this site has pretty much been ad free, I still have to pay for the server on a monthly basis. As much as I don’t like ads, I will have to implement a few to pay for the server. I’ve implemented something very subtle. It’s simply a link to Amazon.com

Example:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?10789-As-Far-As-My-Feet-Will-Carry-Me

I’ll do that for a few posts. Not sure if it actually will make me any money…let’s hope so cuz ww2incolor likes to use up bandwidth.

Just a little update…amazon links don’t work at all, so I’ll have to think of something else.

Why not try links to things military which involve money, such as militaria auction or sales sites?

I think I’ll place ads in the forum for unregistered users and say “register to remove ads”. If you are registered you will never see the ads. I think that would be fair.

Been thinking about this, but I wonder if it would work. Right now I’ve put a link to allposters at the top. We’ll see how that goes. The site was slow the other 2 days because it received a lot of traffic. That tells you that it should be on a faster server (at least $100 more per month), but before doing that it would be nice to somehow find a source of revenue that would pay for it.

A site sponsor would be another option.

Ok, right now I have also activated banner ads in the first post for unregistered members only. I don’t plan on having any ads for anybody that is registered on the website, so I’ve also added a note that if you register the ads will be gone.

If it helps pay the bills, and doesn’t adversely impact site traffic, or navigation, how could it be bad.

Good point. It might even push some people to register since they wouldn’t see any ads.