American Army Uniform

Just some pics of Grandpa’s uniform

Tunic and Sidecap

Shirt, Belt, and Pants

Cap and Helmet

Japanese rifle (unfortunately, not in firing condition.)

COOL!,exelent pics :smiley: ,you should be proud of your grandad!

(excuse my bad english)

thanks man, i am really proud of him btw.

That is excellent! You even have the helmet. I have my grandfathers coast guard uniform. WellI had the top but misplaced it when I was young. I still have his cap and pants though. That is awsome that you have all that thoughl; keep it safe. 8)

you can post them cactus! :slight_smile:

my uncle has a ww2 nazi helmet, and a ww1 sword :stuck_out_tongue:

damn… i want one of those helmets but theyre all too expensive to buy off the web, and its like impossible to find them like anywhere elese :shock:

I’ve got something going you’ll see it eventually. :lol: There are a few things I need to get hold of first a few things. :smiley:

damn… i want one of those helmets but theyre all too expensive to buy off the web, and its like impossible to find them like anywhere elese :shock:[/quote]

not sure how he got them… he dont have the net there so it wasnt online.

he collects lots of things and i guess he stumbled upon that and got it.

Do I see dried up blood on the helmet? :? :slight_smile:

sorry to dissappoint South African Military, but no, that isnt dried blood, that’s rust from 60 years of sitting in an attic wating for me to find it.

sorry to dissappoint South African Military, but no, that isnt dried blood, that’s rust from 60 years of sitting in an attic wating for me to find it.[/quote]

If I look at the helmet, I’m sure that it is only the fibre liner without the steel shell. The fibre liner was often painted and worn as a parade helmet. The WW2 M1 liners had a small hole in the front to attach the rank insignia (in your case the lieutenant’s bar). In the field it was worn inside a bowl shaped steel shell.

Jan

sorry to dissappoint South African Military, but no, that isnt dried blood, that’s rust from 60 years of sitting in an attic wating for me to find it.[/quote]

If I look at the helmet, I’m sure that it is only the fibre liner without the steel shell. The fibre liner was often painted and worn as a parade helmet. The WW2 M1 liners had a small hole in the front to attach the rank insignia (in your case the lieutenant’s bar). In the field it was worn inside a bowl shaped steel shell.

Jan[/quote]

Thats right… but still, no dried blood :wink:

If anyone has wartime gear used by their grandparents, parents, relatives or anyone, if you would, take pictures and post them in this thread.

This bag is almost identical to the one pictured in Cactus’s “What was this used for” thread. Walther says it’s an M1944 Musette bag. I’m not too clear on the details. Anyway, my grandfather put all the stuff he was lugging around in this bag.

Yours is actually the older M1936 version. As the M1944 bag, it was part of an officers field uniform, instead of the M1928 knappsack of the enlisted men. It was mostly worn as a shoulder bag and used to carry the personal belongings. like washing kit, spare socks and underwear, mess tin and food.
Paratroopers used it as well.

Jan

I see, well I said i wasn’t too clear on the details, but thanks for clarifing

Cactus, you should post some pics of your Grandfather’s Coast Guard uniform, if you like. Also, Caliber, I’d love to see a pic of that Nazi Helmet! :smiley: anyone else with WWII artifacts please post them as well, I’m sure we’d all benefit from your posts.

damn… i want one of those helmets but theyre all too expensive to buy off the web, and its like impossible to find them like anywhere elese :shock:[/quote]

Theres a Army Shop nearby in my town that gets German Imported authentic Weapons, Helmets, Uniforms, badges and so much more for reasonable prices under $100 australian dollars.
Last time i was there I saw a helmet which i armour piercing bullet hole through the helmet.

PzKpfw VI Tiger-- here is the uniform i was telling you about that i brought for $25
](http://www.imageshack.us)[/img]