Another Russian Tank Rises from the Mud

‘Lost in thin ice covered swamp during battle against German break-through attempt to Korsun - Shevchenko pocket, early Spring 1944.
Recovered from Cherkassy area, Ukraine by a “Red Star” group of enthusiasts from Kiev’.

http://reibert.info/gallery/v/Archeology/Technics/T-34/Rise/

For having been buried in mud for 60+ years, it’s in incredibly good condition! That’s the great thing about Russian weapons: they’re hard to break or destroy, even if you try.

Looks more like peat than mud. Peat is an incredibly good preservative - just see all the bronze age bodies dug out of peat bogs in Ireland and Scandinavia!

Sure it’s a peat not mud.
This is actually a very excellent preservative. We have a lot of ww2 vehicles that have been lifted through 60 years , relatively well looking.

great as far i heard the recovered soviet tanks can move i saw a video on youtube how they recovered a tank and the engine worked like brand new the old things are better in my opinion then it was made for war today its for money same goes for cars.

that’s intresting…old steal is better than these toys today…i think that each moment passing is better than the coming one

Uh huh. So dying aged 5 of Diptheria was just peachy, or having your entire family wiped out by the Black Death?

What?:confused:

Yeah, if you like removing the head and decoking it and grinding the valves every 20,000 to 50,000 miles; changing the oil two to three times as often as nowadays; adjusting brake cylinders on each wheel; adjusting tappets (doing it with the engine running on some models, which ruined a feeler gauge on the first valve); gutless acceleration; lousy braking on drum brakes; no air conditioning; valve radios that could drain a battery overnight; oil bath steel gauze air filters that had to be washed out as part of a service; filing distributor points and adjusting point gap as part of a reguar service; generators instead of alternators; noisy pushrods with no hydraulic lifters; greasing various lubrication points on the steerig, suspension and body as part of a service; repacking wheel bearings; yellow headlights that weren’t much better than a modern five dollar torch running off two D cells (or worse on a VW 6V system); Prince of Darkness unreliable Lucas electrics on British and other cars; parts with a much, much shorter service interval or life than on modern cars; skinny cross ply tyres with lousy grip; live rear axles on leaf rear springs and all the joys of axle tramp; lousy roadholding; likely to roll where a modern car will just slide; no steering feel; and on and on and on goes the list.

Modern cars are far, far, far better than anything produced even 25 years ago, and much, much better value for money.

I was referring to “each moment passing is better than the coming one”.

Hmm in a village a guy has a recovered tank he brought it from the Soviet Union time ago and he do service once a year he says “my tank can move without diezel just bring some vodka or some oil and the engine can make thousand kilometers without any problems” old cars are good i mean in quality

This is not about my Lada:)

You drive a Lada my friend?