Anyone know any WW2 Seabees?

Mscactus…MY Dad was in the 28th He was and electrician on Guam from 45 to 46 I have lots of pics and some more info he lived in a hut at the end of the airstrip and helped man a AA gun there if any of this makes any sense or rings a bell or you want to chat about what you know…or IF ANYONE does email me

also my Dad was from Massachusetts and his buddy was Jack Rodregues from Fall River Mass

My grandfather was a Seabee in the 77th construction battalion. I have been researching hime for years and i need help from others. He spent time in the Solomon Islands about a year and a half. He spent only a couple of months inthe Philippine Islands, anyway I would love to know what decorations he might have had. I have a time line and a photo of hime in his uniform after discharge. You can see 5 ribbons but its fuzzy. Thanks for any help...loner46@hotmail.com

doesnt anyone ever check this page but ME

Here is a link to the seabee museum: http://www.seabeemuseumstore.org/
They have an archive of cruise books from various seabee battalions that served in wwII. I hit paydirt with my dad’s outfit and it was a real awakening to the sacrifices they made. He was newly married dec 6, 1941 when the Jap’s bombed pearlharbor on the 7th. He had prior service in the Army so he joined the Navy and was drafted into service in the seabees. His service was relatively uneventful until they got ordered on to Iwo Jima on day 6 of that campaign. He met his daughter, my oldest sister when she was three years old.

Here is a link to the seabee museum: http://www.seabeemuseumstore.org/
They have cruisebooks of some battalions from wwII. A cruise book is similar to a high school year book that covers the highlights of the battalions exploits.

I have been to the Davisville but they were working on the museum then and it was not open but I think I will have a marker made for my dad there thats where he trained before going to Guam thanks for the info Seabeed

Hello all,I am looking for photos and information on Caterpillar dozers as used by the Seabees in WW2
Any info would be a great help as I am restoring a 1942 Cat D4 with Laplant choate blade.
Thank you
Martyn

Yes,

My father was in the 77th! He is currently living in Old Hickory, Tennessee.

Sure do. My Dad was a Seabee in Able Company in Guam, Guadalcanal, Bougainville to name a few places. I have photos of the Third Marine Division if interested.
sinovision@aol.com

Mary Higgins

Hello everyone, my dad was also in the seabees, he was in the Pacific, mostly the Philippines. 1942. He was out of Camp Crowder MO. He passed away about 16 years ago, my mother passed away last year and I found a panoramic photo of my dad’s company. The photo is about 3.5 ft. long and 10 inches high. Hand written at the bottom and hard to read it says 36 B’N Co. E 8/10/42. I’m not sure about the, B’N , don’t know what that means. The photo is of 242 men in uniform. I’m 56 and when I’m gone I’m afraid this photo will be lost or destroyed. Is there some place I can donate this photo?

shotie
I don t know where you are located at but the SeaBee Museum in Davisville RhodeIsland would love to have it tthey take any artifacts they can and will have it on display…plus they can tell you allabout your pic I would imagine…Im think the the BN is for Battalion cause my Dad was in the 28th CB BTN …why the navy chose to use battalion I ll never know LOL Good luck with your pic and let Me know how you make out the co. is company and E is the company designation

Thank you very much, I will check out the museum and would be very honored for them to keep it as a public record.

I have an uncle who served in the seabees during WWII in the Pacific. He will be 99 yrs. old in January. I was wondering if anyone can help me find any information, such as a list of surviving members, oldest, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

My grandfather was in New Hebrides (sp?) WW2 Seabees electrican as a Chief Petty Officer. Name: James Senecal. He also did Golden Gloves Boxing and he was in his FORTYS. Any connection here?
Snowyday

I’m so glad I found this site. My Dad was a Seabee serving in the Philippines in WWII. He left in 1943 and I believe he returned in 1946. I know he was on a ship for a while and that he talked about shaking cetepedes out of his boots. That’s about all I know. Does anyone know any official site I can contact to find out about his stats in the Seabees? I’d like to know his company name and his exact years of service.

I just got information from my sister that she found an old photo of my dad and some others standing in from of a sign that read construction 47 Battalion. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

My father was also in the 40th. I have pictures from Los Negroes. I also have the diary he kept on board the William P Biddle on their trip through the Panama Canal on their way to Los Negroes including the line on February 3 “Well have landed on island X” which I have researched to be Los Negroes. I have copies of the newspaper articles for Associated Press and the Portland Journal. I would love to get more information on the unit. If anyone is interested in copies of what I have let me know. Contact me at aleciawi@comcast.net

My father was also in the 122nd in Samar and the Phillipines. Warren Werner. I would love any photos that you may wish to share. Thanks for the help.
JIM

Sorry, my first post. I intended the message for UNOGA AND LACONIA and others who are related to persons in the 122nd. I would appreciate any photos to share with my Dad.
jim@jwwerner.com