Anyone still playing Board wargames?

I am working on a new scenario for Russian Front, an old Avalon Hill game from the 80s. It’s a fantastic game and there is still a community of gamers that play it. A couple have created map extensions to include the Caucasus and Berlin so Grozny and Baku are now on-board objectives and the game can be extended into 1945.

I’m retooling Fall Blau into an introductory scenario using the map extensions for the Caucasus. It’s been a ton of fun pulling out the counters and map and replaying this great game!

Anyone else still enjoying board games covering WWII or other eras?

I play Flames of War

i play axis and allies every now and then

I have that game also, fun game. Quite forgot about it, maybe I’ll get it out of mothballs.

I like playing A&A, but its really complicated, and my dad and I are the only ones who play it.

Axis and Allies? Complicated??? It’s a classic beer-and-pretzels game! :confused:

Which version are you playing? We play the world-wide version.

I’ve played every version except the very latest. But I’ve seen the latest one and it never struck me as complicated… :mrgreen:

I love it i usually play as the usa or the sov union

The SU is the most fun in my opinion. I only with they and Britain could mount a co-op assault like the UK and the States… If I could, Norway would have gone down.

Yes, the Soviet Union is the hardest and a little more fun. If you can withstand the initial German strike, you have a good chance. Another way is for the SU to mount a kind of “suicide charge” and reduce Germanys strength for a good while. This helps to be able to build up defensive forces.

Or if you can contain the usual first attack against the territory with Leningrad in it, you can flank the northern most German position, and it gives you a nice base of operations for attacking Norway.

Yea im pretty good ive only lost one time against my cuz he’s really good

We’ve never finished a game, so equality for now.

I’ve had my share of wins and losses at this game. That’s what makes it fun.
Off topic: What’s cyber nations about, y’all can PM me, site looked interesting.

I still like Risk lol

Until I got into miniatures, I was playing a lot of Avalon Hill, SPI and GDW. Blitzkreig and Squad Leader were particular favourites. Then there was a lot of book gaming. Then I started painting more than gaming. Now I don’t even do that.

I’d like to get in on the miniatures games. For now, I’m stuck with classic board games

I still like Risk lol

No shame in that, my friend!

My g/f and I bought A&A today but we just figure the rules out… We play RISK a lot tho.

Anyone that could explain how that game works??

Your girlfriend plays board wargames!
Does she have a sister?