Archive - Tactiks

Hello I´m German and i am interested of german tactik and taktik signs.
sorry my English isn´t good
Who can help were i can get some information over tactik

Not sure about a specfic site on the internet, however I have a book called “The Atlas of the Second World War.” Its a great book with loads of maps. Shows what happened and what units were involved. Very helpful in showing all the aspects of a battle. For example, you can clearly see why the Quattara (spl?) depression was a major problem for the Germans at El Alamein. Im sure you can find it at local book store or online. Let me know if you want some more info on the book so you can find it.

yes Gen. Sandworm, can u look up the South African forces in El Alamein, I think it would be the 1st South African brigade or divison.

Yes the South African 1st infrantry division was at El Alamein. I just quickly glanced at the book before work this morning so this might not be completly accurate. They were deployed in the middle of the front lines. When the german attack began, a diversary attack waslauched right at the 1st SA. They were forced to retreat but however later regrouped and played and major role in supporting the armored breakthrough. After the Germans fell in full retreat it appears they were in a reserve position, most likely due to heavy causelties or a much needed rest. Good job SA. :slight_smile:

If you or anyone is interested in the book I mentioned. The ISBN is 0-681-97062-6. The offical title is “Collins Atlas of the Second World War.” Its a pretty large book with about 600 maps.

Thanks alot Gen. Sandworm, I will deffinetely be looking at that book. :slight_smile:

If anyone else would like me to look up certain units or battles please feel free to ask. Book has alot of great stats as well.

Check this: http://etloh.8m.com/strategy/offense.html