Argentina

Went along for a dancing lesson yesterday evening. Turned out to be the Argentine Tango. Piece of cake really. It looked complicated, but once you get the idea of how to do it, it’s really quite simple (figures really :lol:). I guess anyone who has spent endless hours on a drill square and marching to a band should pick it up easily. :lol:

I wonder if P.K. can dance it - probably not! :lol:

I took Salsa lessons some time ago and the instructor told us that salsa , tango etc, was a dance invented at the brothels near the Argentina Wharfs where women would dance sultry on the piers to attract the sailors. I don’t know if thats true or not but the instructor was Argentinian.

I wonder if P.K. can dance it - probably not! :lol:

I never liked really

Let face it…the main reason for a man to dance is to pick up girls, fortunately I can do it in other ways. :rolleyes:

Which one is you? :wink: :smiley:

Well, the one I am by now look very much like the girl in the left. :mrgreen:

A weapon training instructor of mine - a million years ago - once commented to one of me marra, that we usually don’t like things which we are afraid of or can’t do.

Let face it…the main reason for a man to dance is to pick up girls, fortunately I can do it in other ways. :rolleyes:

In your dreams, no dubt! :lol:

There’s probably some truth in that…thought Salsa was Cuban?

www.gardelweb.com/tango_history.htm

Originally, the tango dance developed as an “acting out” of the relationship between the prostitute and her pimp.

That makes a lot of sense. The strutting pimp and the pliable woman.

Check out Al Pacino as a blind guy in ‘Scent of a Woman’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHhSVJ_S6A

The instructors gave us a demonstration in my class, and they both had their eyes closed throughout.

But this probably best demonstrates your point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeAwZslAHY&feature=related

A weapon training instructor of mine - a million years ago - once commented to one of me marra, that we usually don’t like things which we are afraid of or can’t do.

Probably so, but again I did not enjoy it a lot, the same with fish I really dont like it.

In your dreams, no dubt! :lol:

Ah…believe it or not I had date better looking girls, briefly that is true, but with enough time to…:wink: Actually with the quantity and quality of girls around here is not such achievement.

Is quite logic that a limited budget,middle aged playboy like you choose tango, is a very sexy dance. Nevertheless I must say this, you weirdy humoristic, overcharged and doubtful witty approach might, might not be very welcomed outside the islands. I say this if you are planing a trip for the southern territories. The girls might not understand you very well.

Look kind of average to me - no great shakes - as they say. Then again, if one is acustomed to sardines…
…personally, I prefer caviar.

Actually with the quantity and quality of girls around here is not such achievement.

Desperate, hey? :lol:

Is quite logic that a limited budget,middle aged playboy like you choose tango, is a very sexy dance. Nevertheless I must say this, you weirdy humoristic, overcharged and doubtful witty approach might, might not be very welcomed outside the islands. I say this if you are planing a trip for the southern territories. The girls might not understand you very well.

Sound advice, to those that need it. :lol:

Desperate, hey?

Maybe, but for social relations it feels the same. :slight_smile:

Sound advice, to those that need it.

Oh, take it just as a friendly advice, I dont want you be puzzling girls around argieland instead pick them up.

…now I am thinking about, does the argie girls need to be picked by a guy like you ?..interesting question. probably it would do no harm, I know worst characters paired with very good looking women.

Very good! :lol:

Another fabulous evening on the dance floor. Although, I must confess, it was sometimes reminiscent of being a sprog on the drill square. :lol:

Piece of sh…t really:)Why does the man need to dance?
If you have a lot of free evening time - lets go to sport room or play football.Usialy it does help:)To me at least.

Do you really migh to pick up only the 14 years girl?

Clear, concise and to the point. :slight_smile:

If you have a lot of free evening time - lets go to sport room or play football.Usialy it does help:)To me at least.

You are such a chap, Chevan!

I suppose you believe that the only time women are aloud out of the bedroom is to go to the kitchen - or would that be the other way around? :lol:

I like to try different things before I reach a time that I’m no longer able to do them. :slight_smile:

If I do something, I like to do it well.

The Tango may be described as a sexy dance, but when performed well, it is so much more. It allows a chap to display a little finesse, and the ladies like a masterful chap. :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with the gym and sports either, like to perform well there also. :cool:

Shooting and hunting, those are manly activities, but tango is ok since in UK you can hardly do the earlier ones.

Do you really migh to pick up only the 14 years girl?

She got nothing that young, believe me. :mrgreen:

The Tango may be described as a sexy dance, but when performed well, it is so much more. It allows a chap to display a little finesse, and the ladies like a masterful chap. :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with the gym and sports either, like to perform well there also

Do you have an indigenous teacher or an argentine one ?

Yes, he’s from Buenos Aires, a professional teacher and a very nice chap as it happens.

Silly of you to ridicule the standard of the dance in the UK. When you don’t know what the standard is here and you can’t do the dance anyway.

Do I did …what ?
Relax Bravo, I just asked the nationality of the teacher for simple curiosity.