Argentine Army Uniform

Hello, I’m doing bit of a research for a personal project and I’ve been trying to details on the uniforms of the Argentine Army during WW2.

So far I’ve only been able to find the following black & white photos;

http://images.google.com/images?q=Argentine+Army&q=source%3Alife

Its obvious they used a German style uniform, but I was wondering whether they used the same colour or a different one?

Plus any other details on the uniforms would be great, but chiefly its the actual colour I’m trying to find out.

Thanks in advance.

I dont remember seen a lot of local color pictures of the peoriod, probably you will need to get “content” with photos of the ww2 uniforms, modern photos I mean.

Thanks anyway, I’m just trying to confirm what colour the uniforms were thats all.

My best guess so far is a sort of gray colour like their German counterparts, whilst it makes sense I’m not entirely sure.

There just seems to be a general lack of information here.

I think it was more green than grey, but since I dont have right now any photos is hard to tell, by the way the usual helmet was modelled after the swiss one, only the artillerist and tank crew used the german model, and the tank crew model was hard plastic, not steel.

Cheers.

I was aware the Swiss M-18 helmet was widely used by the Argentine Army.

Though the only ‘colour’ picture I’ve found from the period is this one.

It was found on the following link which includes a fair bit of info on the M-18 helmet in Argentine use.

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/argentin/arg18.htm

However since I don’t know Spanish I’ve had to make use of an online translator…

He, my memory wasnt failing, the uniform was kind of green, regarding the M18 in that site say it was adopted in large scale in 1938 after being tested with other models like the Belgian, the british and italian model. The german one was discarded because I suppose The Third Reich didnt allow to export the quantities need for our army.

Were the Swiss type helmets exported from Swiss stocks or made in Argentina?