Argentine President Claims the Falkland Islands

Mate, that is a three ring circus!

LMFAO

ROFLMFAO :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think you about nailed it at #244

Perhaps this little gem at #255 should be put on a sticky on this board, for general reference. :wink:

You fucking tool.

I am not interested in proving anything!

Whether or not Psychiatry works or not is irrelevant to me! I have NEVER ever claimed to have proof, and I have told you this repeatedly, yet you still are unable to understand that simple fact!

In a book by Dr. Carl Sagan ( Rip), I remember him telling the story about a meeting of SF writers ( nothig bad with SF, I am a lover of the good one) in which a “bet” was placed as a “challenge” to the assistants to the reunion…

The bet was the by next day, they have to come with an idea for how to make money, without working…

Ron Hubbard, came with “Scientology”…

I am sincerely curious about this Scientology thing, but I will not buy the book, I will not read it… will see if I can find anything on the net to at least try to understand what in Gods name this “religion” means…

I remember their facilities in Hollywood CA, from some 20 years ago and it was really an impressive setting… on Sunset Boulevad I seem to remember.

And I concurr completelly with Tom Cruise being an idiot… but it is a case of a child, that sovoured the honeys of fame since childhood, remember “legend, the movie”? And since then he has not matured, thinks he is still a child and I am quite convinced that he is a case of obssesive compulsive sindrome. I think that control freaking is part of the mental disorder…

A sort of Maradona… to big, too soon, surrounded by slaves all his life and idiotic courtiers who make him think that he is the “last coca cola in the desrt”…

Thanks Gosh Penelope Crúz managed to run away in time…:smiley:

Pánzon

Not really Peron admitted as much to Bill Hunter-Christie in the 1950s.

And the timing so close to domestic trouble over taxation is purely co-incidental.

Whether or not it is “ridiculous,” it is commonly accepted knowledge here that the Argentine junta was in trouble, and needed a galvanizing national event to get their people behind them…

The Uk, or more precisely England used to own Calais. Does that mean we should make the French give it bacK?

What possible use would the Argentinians have for the Falklands? The people there are used to being there, what Argentinian would want to go there and what would they do with it.

Its just all inane childish blustering politics to keep harking back to a claim that’s over 200 years old.

The Falklands should be made an independent nation with UN guarantees backed up by a small British garrison (as long as the Ilanders pay for its upkeep).

Remember Saddam and his Kuwait invasion? If you support Argentina getting the Falklands then you must have supported Iraq getting Kuwait, after all that was in essence the same point of view. (It actually wasnt, but thats how it was portrayed).

Anyway, its not the UK, but the UN that condemned Argentina’s invasion, this essentially means that the whole world says its wrong while Argentina says its right. See any thing wrong with this?

Let the people do what they want with their own lives and worry about what your doing with yours…

Thought there was absolutely no connection with Argentine internal politics.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23476296-5005961,00.html

“Ms Kirchner’s comment came as she faces her own woes, battling against farmers who have barricaded roads in a protest against a stiff tax hike on soybean exports.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080402/wl_afp/argentinabritainfalklandsdiplomacy_080402201109

"The comments came as Kirchner faces her own woes, battling against farmers who have barricaded roads in a protest against a stiff tax hike on soybean exports.

The conflict has created shortages of meat and other staples in Buenos Aires and elsewhere, and tested the social fabric, with pro- and anti-government supporters holding dueling rallies."

In case it hasn’t been linked before, here’s Maggie’s version of how it happened from the British end.

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/search/displaydocument.asp?docid=109110&doctype=1

Yes.

You should.

When did the French ever fight for English interests?

Giving it back is the least they could do for England saving them in WWI and WWII. :smiley:

Macho national pride.

It’s not about anything more since they lost the Falklands War.

Not least because Argentina doesn’t have any great international feats of arms with which to honour itself, while the Falklands defeat is a continuing embarrassment which can be corrected only by a victory there, to somehow restore national honour.

It’s just another species of the same disputes like the Kuriles or the Spratly Islands, but with less sense, if that’s possible.

Actually, my last post was wrong in linking the Falklands to things like the Spratlys and Kuriles.

The latter have strategic or other important as well as as symbolic significance for the contestants, where the Falklands don’t have anything but symbolic significance for Argentina.

Aah, the numbers game.

Why we cant do the same ?

You can!..will you be there, or will it be others that make up the numbers?

That’s true the Kurilas are OUR.Becouse of strategic meaning in region.
For Japs this is only the “symbolic sugnificance” ( and additional space-living).
BTW we are going out of topic constantly.
So lets vote - has Argentine the right to calm islands back or not?
If the the ONLY PZ wants it back- we could close thte theme.:slight_smile:

So lets vote - has Argentine the right to calm islands back or not?
If the the ONLY PZ wants it back- we could close thte theme

It would be nice sometime that you write in plain english and no that kind of sanskrit. :rolleyes:

The right or wrong of the Argentine claim in very subjetive to say the list.
For the argentines it would be totally right and for most of the britons awfully wrong.

Something is true, the claim is a state policy, that means wathever the political colour of the ruling party in Argentina the reclamation has continue and will continue until we can get some kind of arrangement or solution.

The annoying part of all this is the British coming here to vacations, hunting or study understand it all wrong, everytime the issue in touched they start to feel nervous like somebody going to mistreat them or to burn a union jack in the main square, that never happen.

Is not a claim against them or the islanders, but in favour of a solution to an historical conflict.

One of the things I like about this forum is the interchange between people from different nations, whose different viewpoints and knowledge challenge and educate those from other nations.

Another good thing is the tolerance shown for people whose first language isn’t English but who post in understandable if not perfect English.

Which includes you, PK, because you make a tool of yourself by using your own imperfect English to slag Chevan for his English.

If you can’t post in Russian, then don’t slag Russian members who post in English which, unlike your native Spanish, uses an alphabet and grammar entirely unrelated to English and which is much harder for Russian than Spanish or other Romance language speakers to master.

Oh mate i doubt the our retired, very informative dictaror even care to search tolerance and interchange between peoples from other nations.:rolleyes:

And helpful. Don’t forget helpful. :wink:

As somebody explained before, the recovery of the sovereignty over the islands is a “national policy” and it is sort of “imbedded” into the Argentine soul. Therefore, “presidential statements” on the matter should be taken as compromisses of the office.

However, most of the Argentines think that the push of 1982 was unnecessary and it affected maybe for ever any kind of negotiation. But at the same time they will continue discussing the matter and trying to recover the islands forever and ever by peaceful means, “manu military” was never a serious possibility and the story proved it, it took a “crazy two” ( Anaya and Galtieri. and a complacent Lami Dozo that had to compromise his force to battle the British task force with little and perhaps no warning at all) for that to happen.

In any case, one day there will be some progress, hopefully…

Pánzon.

Panzon,

No offence but there’ll never be any progress whilst Argentina pursues a policy of riding on the backs of the islanders at any opportunity it gets. Your Government’s policy is antagonistic and counter-productive.

I still cant understand why Argentina can claim to want to recover something it never owned?

Perhaps it’s like George Mallory and Everest: Because it’s there.

And the more they can’t climb it, the more they want to.

There’s not a lot of rationality in most extra-national or extra-racial territorial ambitions by any nation. Just territorial ambitions.