Australian Social Issues

I was reading this rather off-topic discussiong (http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=592&start=45) and couldn’t help but having a say.

Commando Jordovski, you seem to be a very prejudice person with some very mixed up opinions (no hate meant).

For example:

Commando Jordovski wrote:
“My opinion is that the aboriginals shouldn’t be allowed in any kind of War, because they are native people of Australia and we shouldn’t corrupt these interesting peaceful race with man’s WAR, we already took their loved country and they are slowly dieing out…once there was millions of aboriginals…now there are only thousands.”

I view this basically as a load of dribble. Australian Aboriginals are just as Australian as White Australians. Every Aboriginee, whilst having a unique cultural heritage exists in the same society as every other Aussie. Most have grown up accepting the same values, and dealing with the same problems. What makes a person any different to another in class (besides on the exterior) if they have grown up in the same environment?

While you seem to “care” about how cruel white man has been to Aboriginals, you and MinimalisticX are still being cruel to them yourself by placing stereotypes upon and making generalisations about them. I know several Aboriginees who have made a good life for themselves - one was a doctor, another a school teacher.

“we shouldn’t corrupt these interesting peaceful race with man’s WAR” — are you implying that they are of a different species?

Commando Jordovski wrote:
“Do you know if there are still native half naked abo’s that run around the outback, cos if there are i reckon the government should scoop up the white people mixing aboriginals and place them with the natives to regain their cultral traditions and get away from white man. Very Happy Laughing Cool
One day the aboriginee will simply be outbred by white man, Half casts will become fully white…its kinda sad when you think of what we did to a whole beautiful race on the luckiest country in the world. Sad”

This first suggestion of yours seems to be very stupid. Why would you take a whole group of people who are used to living in a technically advanced society and force them to “return to their roots” and live the lifestyle that they used to, hundreds of years ago? I can’t think of a much crueler thing to do. I sure hope you were joking when you wrote that.

Of course their is much more that was said (I believe wrongly) in that discussion that I could comment on, if I had the time. All I ask CJ is that you seriously consider yourself before making seemeingly outrageous comments like you have been making.

I apologise for boring anyone.[/i]

First, good first post mate, even though its not ww2 related.

Second, I couldnt agree more with what youve said. Im not an Aussie, and those 2 are 1st generation Aussies, is this what they get taught at school perhaps?

Be interesting to know!

What’s the difference between Australians and yoghurt?
If you leave yoghurt alone for long enough, it’ll develop a culture. :stuck_out_tongue:

(no offence intended, just a message of friendship from across the Tasman Sea)

Hhahahaha sorry but i must hahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

No offence. :wink:

well lucky for me i have my Greek background :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

either way, i dont change my views on Aboriginals

just go to a suburb in Sydney called Redfern which is only about 10 minutes from the CBD and its been turned into a Aborginal ghetto, full of drugs, drunks and prostitutes. They have the best opportunity in life being able to go to University no questions asked with NO fee’s, majority of people would take this to there advantage but theyd rather not work and let the government continue paying everything for them, including housing commisions

while instead, current day Australia we are having mass migration of people from China, Korea and Africa, with the money spent on the Aboriginals which they use on drugs and alchohol we could be spending to help these new immigrants in Australia to get a new house, a basic allowance for food and bills, and continue to give these new immigrants this allowance until they find a job with a decent pay

and mind you, asians and africans r hard working people unlike those Abo’s who get high and drunk and rely on the government for money

and mind you, asians and africans r hard working people unlike those Abo’s who get high and drunk and rely on the government for money

I dont think making overt racist comments is going to win any sympathy for your arguments.

I imagine the Aboriginalst would have been just as happy to continue undisturbed with their way of life before we all showed up and took it from them.

Any thoughts on that?

im not trying to provide sympathy, or to win an argument, im just stating the facts

alas you make a good point on how white man has disturbed their way of life

and also the English/Australians also tried to assimilate them, and during the 1800’s till about the 1950’s the Australians use to kidnap aboriginal children and made them marry white people so that through the generations Aboriginals wouldnt exist and eventually they’d turn white

thats why alot of modern day Aboriginals are half casts and dont know much of there tribal history, language or culture

Mods, admin, please lock this room. 8)

Any particular reason for wanting it locked?

Someone making a room just to tell me that im a liar and judice…a room made out of spite?, it is offensive and i was so tempted to start an arguement but I, on the other hand am able to control my feelings like some other people cant. :?

aer,you had to pm the admin for claiming something instead of this mess.
also,the oppinions aren’t necesary.

But would you say the same thing about the native Americans of North America? They have their own lands in the US and the US Government does not impose itself upon them. They make their own laws, govern themselves, etc.

I think his comment is very sensitive to the Aboriginal people. And while I despise political correctness for getting in the way of what is right and what is wrong, I have to agree with him.

But would you say the same thing about the native Americans of North America? They have their own lands in the US and the US Government does not impose itself upon them. They make their own laws, govern themselves, etc.

I think his comment is very sensitive to the Aboriginal people. And while I despise political correctness for getting in the way of what is right and what is wrong, I have to agree with him.[/quote]

What, you have to agree that your racist and dont think the Aboriginals deserve the same respect as the White man? Or am I wrong and you mean something else?

my bold

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. They have there own land in the US how nice of you to give some very fertile useful land back so that they can live productive lives.

I think his comment is very sensitive to the Aboriginal people. And while I despise political correctness for getting in the way of what is right and what is wrong, I have to agree with him.[/quote]

What, you have to agree that your racist and dont think the Aboriginals deserve the same respect as the White man? Or am I wrong and you mean something else?[/quote]

You didn’t understand such a simple post? Let me try again, even more simplified:

I feel his comment was sensitive to the Aboriginal people.

tick tock, tick tock

Americans try to be similarly sensitive to the needs of it’s native American tribes"

tick tock, tick tock

I think political correctness is the poop-tool of liberals.

tick tock, tick, tock

Now, you should have been able to conquer each of thos simple statements individually without worrying about having to read them together.

[quote=“2nd_of_foot”]

my bold

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. They have there own land in the US how nice of you to give some very fertile useful land back so that they can live productive lives.[/quote]

Irish. :shock:

I think his comment is very sensitive to the Aboriginal people. And while I despise political correctness for getting in the way of what is right and what is wrong, I have to agree with him.[/quote][/quote]

What, you have to agree that your racist and dont think the Aboriginals deserve the same respect as the White man? Or am I wrong and you mean something else?[/quote]

You didn’t understand such a simple post? Let me try again, even more simplified:

tick tock, tick tock

Americans try to be similarly sensitive to the needs of it’s native American tribes"

tick tock, tick tock

tick tock, tick, tock

Now, you should have been able to conquer each of thos simple statements individually without worrying about having to read them together.[/quote]

No I think you miss my point. He says mans war?

Do you agree or disagree that native Americans or Australians for that matter are men? Thats my point.

No need to be condeseding yet again. Simple question. Nothing to do with PC etc…

I think his comment is very sensitive to the Aboriginal people. And while I despise political correctness for getting in the way of what is right and what is wrong, I have to agree with him.[/quote][/quote]

tick tock, tick tock

tick tock, tick tock

tick tock, tick, tock

Now, you should have been able to conquer each of thos simple statements individually without worrying about having to read them together.[/quote]

No I think you miss my point. He says mans war?

Do you agree or disagree that native Americans or Australians for that matter are men? Thats my point.

No need to be condeseding yet again. Simple question. Nothing to do with PC etc…[/quote]

WTF? Dude, surely you don’t think that I believe the Aborigines or Native Americans are not men?!?!?!

Where do you get this crap from? Since when did he say anything that leads one to believe that he does not think those peoples are homosapiens? :shock:

IRONMAN - You are on the same side as Firefly so stop trolling you have both agreed that Aboriginals and Native Americans are men!

Well done.

what a scientific breakthrough